Shopping Cart Page Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping Cart Page Error

My site is fullofitawards.co.uk and some customers are experiencing problems when they order a product from my site. I am still getting some orders via the website, so some people must be ok.

I am getting a page error every time I click on the Shopping Cart tab at the top (I am not able to access this from the home page so don't try it from there).

I am really confused and the phone is driving me crazy with people wanting to process manual orders.

Any ideas gratefully received.

I just had a look at the source code for the front page and I can honestly say I have never, ever, seen so many font declarations on one page. So much so, I never found the words shopping cart in the code, nor did I manage to figure out which of the font surrounded images it might be.

Once I get the fonts out of my eyes, I will have a look at another page, but I think you could save an awful lot of bandwidth if you cut down the repetition of <FONT SIZE="2"><FONT SIZE="2"><FONT SIZE="2"><BR></font></font></font> on the page.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

<a href="http://www.fullofitawards.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000000.pl?ACTION=SHOWCART" is wrong - your script number is 1, so it should read
      <a href="http://www.fullofitawards.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWCART"
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
        Once I get the fonts out of my eyes, I will have a look at another page, but I think you could save an awful lot of bandwidth if you cut down the repetition of <FONT SIZE="2"><FONT SIZE="2"><FONT SIZE="2"><BR></font></font></font> on the page.
        Blimey.... you're not kidding Bill!!!

Not only bandwidth but also compatibility and possible display problems. You need to take a hard look at the html you are using and try and bin most of the styling rules out into a stylesheet. This will make it a much better browsing experience and allow quick, painless site wide changes available in an instance

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you ...

I really appreciate the response to this. I shall be passing your comments back to the Actinic Partner who developed my site for me.

I have looked in my site and there is a file called ca000001.pl in the site 1 directory. What do I do to get this working. It is really strange that some customers can process orders and others cannot (or maybe it is not strange to you guys ...)

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
            <a href="http://www.fullofitawards.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000000.pl?ACTION=SHOWCART" is wrong - your script number is 1, so it should read
            <a href="http://www.fullofitawards.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl?ACTION=SHOWCART"

As long as you avoid the shopping basket link at the top of the page you can checkout ok. Its the button at the top of the page causing the problem

I would send it back to the developer.....the graphics are quite amateur. I hope you didn't pay them much. (awaits the back lash....)

Comment

How do I make this change

I am not very technical, could you tell me which file I need to go into to make this change?

Comment

Seriously, if this is the paid for result of a 'Developer' working on your site, DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES.

Send it straight back to him and tell him to sort it out. If he says he cannot, then get your money back and come here and we will have you sorted out PDQ.
                Bill

Comment

if you click on the image for the fun certificates to get to this page -

http://www.fullofitawards.co.uk/acatalog/info_1.html

you get NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERMETA visible at the top of the page

in all seriousness you need to send this back to the developer - we can produce a full list of errors if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                    I would send it back to the developer.....the graphics are quite amateur. I hope you didn't pay them much. (awaits the back lash....)
                    The graphics are appalling if they have been designed by an professional!

Dee - the file in the site1 folder is not at issue - it is the link to the file on the server that Bill originally pointed out that is incorrect. In Bill's example the site is trying to find the script ending in "0" when it should end in a "1" which is the script id number in the network settings.

You can alter this yourself by editing the Act_Primary.html template in the site1 folder and changing the last digit from a "0" to a "1". If the link appears on any of your brochure and chekout pages you will need to edit Act_BrochurePrimary.html and Act_PrimaryCheckout.html.

As the others suggested I would be inclined to speak to the developer first thing and make them put it right for you - this is a fundamental flaw which they need to put right (assuming it is their fault and not something you have changed)

You should also enquire about the very poor use of <font> tags and the error spotted by Jo. TBH the site is not doing you a lot of credit IMHO

Bikster

Comment

Looking at the FAQ page

What happens if I want to cancel my order?

You can cancel your order before the goods have been despatched and you will you will be refunded your invoice total minus £1.00 administration fee.

Is that legal under the Distance Selling Regulations?

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                        you will you will be
                        Grammatical errors of this kind on a website should be far more illegal

Comment

I'm afraid that (apart from the horrible faults pointed out above) that there is no Checkout button. The only means of checking out is to add another item before you can checkout. No use if you already have all the items you want in the cart. You should have a Checkout link on every page. Another one to beat the "designer" with.
                          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Groan !

I have to take full responsibility for crap wording and images! The developer developed my templates and my html code etc. I had a full "critique" done on my site last January by the company concerned to look at my code and templates and none of this came up! Could this have affected my rankings?

I have opened my Act_Primary.html and there is nowhere that allows me to change a digit so I cannot see how to make the change. This site was developed 2 years ago and the same company hosted it and I have not experienced problems with my shopping cart before. I have just moved to another company, could this be a factor?

Comment

I HAVE FOUND IT. My different hosting companies had different links in the act_primary and my original hoster has kindly just talked me through this.

Thank you all so much for your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X