Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passive Errors - important?

Hello,

I have had to resort to a backup snapshot and imported it over the top of my current Site1 folder. Under Network setting I have ticked 'Ignore Passive Errors'

When I run a site Refresh or Upload I have a message 'Some Passive Errors where encountered during the transfer' See the list for affected files - I then get a rather long list of file names.

My question is - do these passive errors have any real significance and also how do I remove them, along with the error message?

Thanks

Leonkush

Leonkush,

It depends on what exactly the errors are related to. Post an example so that we can tell you a bit more. You can go into Design | Options | Miscellaneous and under 'Generation Options' select "Suppress Generation Warnings" and click on Apply, this should help rid you of the warnings.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hello,

I have the 'Suppress Generation Warnings' ticked and still recieve the same error..

It appears to be the identical message for practically every HTML file in the Site.

login.html,login.html has been found in the site folder and has the same name as a generated file which is referenced by one or more templates.

Is there a folder in the Site1 folder that I can clean out and then reupload the site?

When doing a Site Snapshot I now recieve 1 warning which gives me the same list of HTML files- Warnings
      The following files have been found in the site folder, these files have the same name as a generated file which is referenced by one or more templates.
      login.html
      etc etc ....

Cheers

Comment

Are you on v7.0.3 by any chance? If so, then it is a bug related error because the files that are supposed to be in the SiteHTML folder (generated files) are being generated and stored in the Site1 folder.

Go to the Site1 folder and sort all files by type, take a look at the HTML files and you should notice that most of them start with Act_ except for DDIndex.html and BrochureTestpage.html, if there are any other html files in there that do not start with an Act_ (other than the two mentioned) cut them and paste in the SiteHTML folder that you will find within the Site1 folder. This should sort out the problems for you.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X