F5 Error in Shopping Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F5 Error in Shopping Cart

My client was testing the webstore and purchasing a few items, and he noticed that when you hit F5 during checkout, it increased the items in the store by one.

Anyone else seen this?

When going through the shopping basket, it is using perl, so these F5s will most probablty be sending the instructions again to the perl scripts, thus increasing the values if the last action was Add to cart say for the perl system..

Comment

F5 is the same as pressing the refresh button so it will be duplicating previous action.

Comment

Right, it is the same as the refresh. Though I understand why it is happening, is there a way for it not to happen? It doesn't seem like what a user would expect to happen.

Comment

I don't think you could as when it is suppressed, it would not do the action correctly when it was needed. Chances on users pressing F5 by mistake is very slim as many users wouldn't even know this as a keyboard shortcut.

Is there a particular issue with F5 with your customer?

Comment

You should NEVER take control away from the user - even if they are thick-fingered clods who keep hitting the F5 button.

If they really do need a refresh ability in the cart may be worth adding a new button labelled as refresh but is a straight link to "view cart" ... but that could be as confusing for regular users.

Tell your client to stop hitting F5 as users in the real world are very unlikely to do this

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X