Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theme page layout help please

Hi Guys

I'm using the curves theme and I have added a section to the brochure page which comes up really nice - smiles.

However, I have kjust discovered that the section I added which I thought would be only displayed on the index or default home page - now shows up on the more pages page, in every section - eeeek!

Can anyone give me a clue as to haow to just display the things I want on the home page alone please.

Regards
    Jerry Barrett

Jerry

Chances are you have included the details into your master template for your site. If you have problems like this, always post your URL so people can take a look and help quicker.

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
      Jerry

Chances are you have included the details into your master template for your site. If you have problems like this, always post your URL so people can take a look and help quicker.

Lee
      Thanks Lee, yes I'm sure your right I used the Advanced -> Template manager fuction.

the url is: www.cutesdelights.com - Warning adult content.

The home page has the enter site buttons and links on with the pic of credit cards this is what I wanted , unfortunately so do the 'more pages'

Regards
      Jerry

Comment

The easiest way to alter is in the content tree click on the home icon at the top of the list and against the layout box on the right click "edit" .... save as Act_MYBrochurePages.html (or whatever) and then edit out the buttons you don't require... save the template.

Click on the brochure pages you dont want it on in the content tree and under the layout option select the Act_MYBrochurePages.html and apply.

HTH

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
          The easiest way to alter is in the content tree click on the home icon at the top of the list and against the layout box on the right click "edit" .... save as Act_MYBrochurePages.html (or whatever) and then edit out the buttons you don't require... save the template.

Click on the brochure pages in the content tree and under the layout option select the Act_MYBrochurePages.html and apply.

HTH
          Thanks for replying

Pardon me?? I haven't any idea what your saying or asking me to do, when I go to the Advanced -> Template manager, I picked other pages and then brocure pages, when I click on it, DWMX starts and I edit the template, when I save it from DWMX its goes back to where it was fetched and looks like it should, post edit.

I dont know anything about a tree? Sorry am I being think?

Regards
          Jerry

Comment

In Actinic the content tree is the left hand panel where you see all the sections, subsections and products listed beneath. The home page is right at the top (of the tree)

To make sure you are editing the correct template follow the above instructions by clicking on the tree and then edit the layout - this will open DW in the usual way - it is simply bypassing the template manager to ensure you are editing the correct templates.

Hope that makes sense

Bikster

Comment

Oh yes done that thanks.

Originally posted by jont
              In Actinic the content tree is the left hand panel where you see all the sections, subsections and products listed beneath. The home page is right at the top (of the tree)

To make sure you are editing the correct template follow the above instructions by clicking on the tree and then edit the layout - this will open DW in the usual way - it is simply bypassing the template manager to ensure you are editing the correct templates.

Hope that makes sense
              Ah I see, sorry. Ok yes done that already, its the same template used on the 'home' page and the 'more pages'

I was wonderif I can make a clone of that template - prefix the clone with "homepage" and then tell Actinic ro use that template for the home page only.

Cheers
              Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by jbarrett
                I was wonderif I can make a clone of that template - prefix the clone with "homepage" and then tell Actinic ro use that template for the home page only
                Yep .. as per my original posting

Simply save as a new file name and apply the edited version wherever needed

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                X