Importing orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing orders?

Not sure if what I want to do can be done as I've never needed to do it before!
    I've been using my laptop installation of 7.0.5 to download orders and process them while the PC has been in a coma.
    I've got the PC back now (with some files saved) and I have Actinic re-installed with the catalogue copied as it stood 2 days ago.
    Obviously, I've changed stock levels on items that sold over the last 48 hours (time consuming in itself!) but I've had a number of orders which are now only recorded in my laptop installation and not on the PC. (installaiton on laptop was considerably older than PC version and wasn't up to date with orders/catalogue content etc so I couldn't just import snapshots etc)

So, my question is this.. is there a way of extracting the orders received over the last 2 days from the laptop and "inserting" them into the installation on the PC?

I exported the orders etc and saved onto a CD but I don't know what to do with them next... if indeed there is anything I can do!

I can use them on the laptop and refer to them in the future if need be but it would be much easier to have them all in one place on the PC, IYSWIM?

Anyone know what, if anything, I can do?
    Thanks
    Tracey
    Tracey

Tracey,

If you, or someone you know is at home with the Access program, you/they could append the data from the laptop to the tables in the PC database and then go through and delete the duplicates.

If you are not quite sure, you could do this in a backup copy of the real database until you get it right.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The easiest way to do this is to enter the orders as offline orders, make a note of their Order numbers, then open the actiniccatalog.mdb database in access and change the order numbers back to thier original orders. Also if the received dates, shipped dates etc are important to you, you could also change those in the database.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thank you both.
        I'm not too confident with databases so the second option is probably an safer bet!
        I'll give it a go on Monday (no kids!)
        Cheers
        Tracey
        Tracey

Comment

Working...
        X