Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does refreshing my browser alter the product layout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does refreshing my browser alter the product layout?

Quick question for browser experts...

I have just been adding some basic graphics to certain products, and creating a new Act_Product template in order to apply a new layout for these particular products.
    I thought I should test this for a few products, upload, and then see the results, before doing the whole site. However, what I am finding is that the products keep changing position on the page, when I click 'refresh' in the browser window.

Click here to see such a page. Clicking refresh (usually F5 function key) a number of times will lead to the layout of the products hopping around the page. This happens in both my Internet Explorer 6 and BT Broadband browsers, and its confusing me quite a lot.

Any ideas? Any help appreciated.

Have tried it out on 3 different browsers and cannot replicate your problem. The products do seem to shift (but do not) in IE, there is a slight jump on the browser window on multiple refreshes, but the products remain in the same order. I am looking at them at a very high res, try increasing the screen res and seeing if it improves things..

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

The only "jumping" I could see when hitting F5 was the blue background in the side boxes being replaced by the green but this was very very minimal and probably due to server connection speed

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for checking this out. I should have probably made it clearer exactly what I mean by hopping around the page - essentially I find that the violin graphic and component tick boxes end up in different horizontal positions upon refreshing, either squeezing together or ending up with a larger space between them.

I'm using 1280x1024 resolution and it also happens with 1152x864, and the same thing apparently happens on my Dad's machine (so it's not just me). But I guess if others aren't finding the same, then I don't really need to worry about it. It so happens that my Dad and I both have pretty poor graphics cards while using modern flat-screen monitors on high(ish) resolution, so I might put it down to this.

In any case, I don't think it a major problem, as the first time the page loads everything usually appears where it should, it just confuses me as to why subsequent refreshes should yield different results.

Comment

Think I may have isolated this problem. Rather amateurishly I had omitted a </td> in my product layout template, and I guess the hopping around the screen was the browsers' way of trying to cope with this.

If my embarrassing ineptitude can help anyone else stumbing across this post in the future, then its posting will not be in vain!

Comment

Working...
          X