Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Question... and What do you think...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question... and What do you think...?

Hiya,

I've been working on a comments system in PHP that allows customers to leave feedback on products, its working pretty well so far, but i've struggled to find an Actinic Variable thingy that contains a unique product reference code. Are there any in there? I've currently been using a botched one cosisting of the product anchor strapped onto part of the page name. But i'm worried that my customer might have similar page name's in the future and the code i'm passing through might not always be unique, so my first question is:

Is there a unique product reference in the actinic templates I can pass through to my script? (available in Act_ProductLine.html).

Secondly i was just wondering what you think of it?

You can see a preview at:

http://www.malegrooming.co.uk/acatal..._Products.html

I havent finished customising the catalog yet... that will come later, but i was wondering if you could all test the product rating function and tell me what you think.

Thanks!

Andy

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE is the plain product reference, is unique and is valid within Product Templates.

Watch out though as all sorts of characters are valid there ( so 654-321 is a valid reference and some code may treat this as a numeric expression and return 333 instead ).

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Brilliant!

Works a treat!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X