Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic, Sage Line 50 Link and ACT! database

Hi,

I'm currently trying to create a simple customer relationship management tool that doesn't involve me keying in a record of all the data everytime someone makes a purchase.

As there are 2 sides to my business - retailing of products and building a team of people to retail products to friends and family etc... I am looking at the possibility of using ACT! database to enable me to keep a record of sales/conversations etc...

I am going to be using Sage Line 50 to transfer information to and from actinic and then you can link Sage Line 50 to ACT! (apparently)

Has anyone had any experience of this - and what are your thoughts please?
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Have only come across ACT! as a seperate peice of software and do not know about linking Sage to ACT! Can anyone on here, who has a remote idea as to how this can be done, post suggestions or their experience with trying this.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

I'm currently using Actinic, Link, Sage Line 50 and Act but am by no means experienced with any of these packages and how they correctly link together. I'm still having teething troubles transferring from Actinic to Sage but once it's there (with or without errors) getting it into Act is easy.

I've just done my first transfer from Sage Line 50 into Act - WOW!! it's really straightforward. Minimal set-up (less than 5 mins); then about 3 clicks to transfer customer details and another 3 to transfer suppliers, it's that easy - even I managed it.

So far, I've found ACT to be a really straightforward and easy piece of software to use. It's great - it links in really well with Word too, so creating mail-merge mailshots is really easy and fast. I'm only using a small part of what it's able to do at the moment and even that has saved me so much time. Just wish the rest of the software was this easy.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know - I've set up ACT and Sage but as yet haven't integrated them all - this is a good job for the christmas period whilst I have time to play!

Merry Christmas to you all and all the best for the new year.
        Best Regards
        www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
        www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
        www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Comment

ACT - SAGE Link.

Originally posted by aloebridge123
          Hi,

Thanks for letting me know - I've set up ACT and Sage but as yet haven't integrated them all - this is a good job for the christmas period whilst I have time to play!

Merry Christmas to you all and all the best for the new year.
          ACT V6 and above links with SAGE Line 50 for ACT, Its a special and requires and module from SAGE with a key to activate it - no module no link, dont waste your time trying if you dont have it.

I use it everyday, for a small business its great and save double entry keying customers details. Enter cutomer details in ACT and create a SAGE Line 50 link, works a treat.

You could do most of it the other way too, from SAGE to ACT, but you need a basic entry (contact name) in ACT to create the link to an existing SAGE account.

Good Luck.

I have no experience of it linking with Actinic - sorry.

Jerry

Comment

Act Sage Line 50 And Actinic

I Have Just Started Looking At Actinic But Have Worked With Sage Line 50 And Act For Some Time.
            Act Is A Very Good Management Tool Linking To Sage And Can Handle Calls Emails, Letters, And Promotional Stuff. By Linking You Can Easily See Who Is Buying , Stops Buying, Type Of Customer Etc. You Can Update Other Fields Such As Last Invoice Dates , Amount Outstanding Etc So That You Can Specify On Different Agent, Counties Or Whatever.
            It Is A Good System
            I Am Fairly Certain That It Will Not Interfere With Actinic And Sage Link.
            William Dunkerley
            Moleroda Finishing Systems.

Comment

Linda,

Did you ever set up the CRM side of things? What solution did you go for? Did you use the actinic --> sage line 50 --> act? Does it do the job?

I'm looking to do something similar (export actinic info to CRM software on a daily basis), does anyone else do this and if so what software do they use?

Obviously the more automated it is the better, I don't want to spend ages each day faffing about retyping stuff in.
              John

Comment

Actinic - Sage link - Sage - Act Link - Act

In Response to your post

Were curently running that system

Actinic 8.5,
                Sage Link
                Sage 2007
                Act Link
                Act v 9

it all works without any problems at all,
                tricky to set up but all in a day

if you have any questions please feel free to email me

Thanks

robert

Comment

Is there a link software between Actinic and sageline50? or does sageline50 import directly from actinic?

I have someone coming to install sageline50 on Monday and during the preparation discussion this question came up and now I think I may be a bit missing!
                  John

Comment

Is there a link software between Actinic and sageline50? or does sageline50 import directly from actinic?
                    There's a separate application called 'Actinic Link for Sage Line 50' that comes with Actinic Business.

You can read about it here... http://www.actinic.co.uk/products/link.htm

The program essentially sits between the two applications and passes information between the two.

Comment

ok, quick question (couldn't find the info on that link)...

Does it also come with Developer? If not how do I get it in a hurry?
                      John

Comment

It should be on the CD or on our download site at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

Comment

I actually have the CD case sat on my desk in front of me (I needed the licence key when I reinstalled) but have no idea where the CD went...

So, can I assume that the version in your download section works for v7 as well as v8?

Just a thought... I'm going to be installing Sage on a different PC to the one actinic is on. Will that work? Which pc would actinic link need to be installed on?
                          John

Comment

So, can I assume that the version in your download section works for v7 as well as v8?
                            Yes it does.

Just a thought... I'm going to be installing Sage on a different PC to the one actinic is on. Will that work? Which pc would actinic link need to be installed on?
                            Actinic Link needs to be on the same machine as Actinic - but it can be on a different machine to Sage Line 50 (as long as it can access the Sage data directory via a network path)

Comment

Working...
                            X