Renaming Duplicate Products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renaming Duplicate Products

I have an annoying problem in Actinic to do with the naming of extended info pages when I make a product duplicate.

Actinic, as you are aware names duplicates along the lines of “info_1” etc. I rename these with my own keywords in order to get more keyword density.

The problem that I am getting is if I move a product or section to a different area it resets my chosen name for the extended info pages back to Actinic’s format of “info_1”.

Can I some how stop this happening?

Can I set Actinic up to use my own specified keywords as default in stead of labelling all duplicate pages “info_1” etc.

Many thanks

Jason
    www.qualitysilver.co.uk
    www.qualitytitanium.co.uk
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Jason,

The Extended Info pages by default are named with the info_x where the x is generated by Actinic taking into consideration the last generated page +1 to name the new info page. This is hardcoded within the application, therefore you cannot change this.

Can I set Actinic up to use my own specified keywords as default in stead of labelling all duplicate pages “info_1” etc.
    I can see no way to get this to happen because of the way info pages are named by default. This is a request for teh wish list and I will put it in there for you. I have also asked Development to take a look at it and will post back when I hear from them.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks Bruce

Regards

Jason
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Zirconium Rings
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I've also noticed with extended info pages, if you rename the page - again I do this for the same reason as Jason to get keyword rich page names - and then you click on anything in the "display By" box it then resets the extended page name.

Irritating!!

Comment

Working...
        X