Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatal error when importing snapshot

Hi

I just tried to import a snapshot that I was going to email to someone and I got a couple of fatal errors on import. See below text.

Any idea what's caused this?

FATAL ERRORS
    (File ImportBackup.cpp, Line 316) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
    Library error - Can not open file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\noirwhite\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 301) - Archive error 13 - Extract selected files call failed
    Library error - Error creating file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\noirwhite\ActinicCatalog.mdb ! has been caught.

It looks as if you have the Actinic database open somewhere else. I sugget that you close Actinic, close down any applications that may be using the database and then open Actinic and take your snapshot.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

Thanks for the reply.

Right I tried that, but still having the same problem.

I restarted the computer and didn't open anything other than actinic, created another snapshot, tried to import it and got the same mesage.

hmmm

Ben

Comment

Have you tried compacting the database? Often solves a multitude of sins if you have received lots of orders or done a lot of work on the file

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Just tried compacting the database as well.

Still no joy.......

It's a brand new store so no orders or anything yet, I'm simply sending it to the client so he can start using it but obviously there's something amiss.

Ben

Comment

Try closing Actinc and importing the snapshot without exporting one first.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Could it be a paths issue to the noirwhite sub folder?

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Well I thought about some kind of paths issue as well. Could it be?

Well I tried importing the snapshot without exporting one and it seemed to work OK. So it's done now, I hope.

Just got to see if the client has any problems now

Thanks.

Ben

Comment

The problem originates from access file ".ldb" with the same name as the access file that is being used .

if you do a search on the internet you will find there are various solutions to the problem, though I have found that using access if this happens while making a snapshot, the best thing to do is to close actinic without making a snapshot and then reopen the actinic, then make a snapshot.

from my experiance you will not loose any work, though maybe someone else can confirm this.

Max

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have now managed to get it to work and it does seem to work as long as I don't create a snapshot before importing one back in.

Trouble is, I emailed the snapshot to someone else and when they try to import it, their Actinic just sort of stops. He let it go for 20 minutes yesterday and it didn't get anywhere.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                    X