Client doesnt have actinic. problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client doesnt have actinic. problem?

If we develop a shop for a client who wishes to be sent an order view email and doesnt accept online payments, do they require to have actinic on there computer?

I suppose not, but I'm sure the site will still have to be licensed for Actinic with either your developer license or their business/catalog licence.

You'd best call Actinic and confirm.

Duncan R

Comment

They could use Order Manager and set the site to accept credit cards for payments offline - that way they can download the orders and will save you a lot of time sending the details through to them...bearing in mind the security issues of sending a customers credit details in a unsecure fashion. If they get busy it could be a real pain on your time and resources after a while.

Maybe worth checking the legal stance if you are to download and store the credit card details on your machine and not theirs - could be fraught with danger if say your PC was stolen or compromised. Worth thinking about very carefully.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

They are not wanting to accept credit card details at all, they would be happy with sending out an invoice for the order.

O.

Comment

Thats one issue out of the way then.

Bikster

Comment

That it is

So I shouldnt have to download orders they should just recieve an email with the order on it? Is this correct?

Comment

You can set Actinic up to send a copy receipt of the order through to your client so they can see exactly what is being ordered and can invoice and bill accordingly.

Not sure about ability to leave orders on the internet - maybe someone else knows the logistics in leaving them there from an Actinic point of view?

As there will be no credit card details on the order and they are encrypted should be OK from a security point of view - I would be inclined to download them every once in while just to clear things out though - you then have a record in-case the clients email goes down and you can send on if needed

Bikster

Comment

Good idea, thanks Jont.

Do I just tick "Send me an Email when I have an order to download" ? Will this forward the order to the email set?

O.

Comment

The only thing about this method is that you need to either
                  a) Ensure that your product reference/code appears on your emails or
                  b) Make sure that your Short product description is unique to each product so that you can identify from the email EXACTLY what item is being ordered.
                  I only mention this as, in my line of business, many of my short descriptions are the same (or I'd end up with epic ones!) and I don't have product references displayed in the store/cart/email receipt themselves so I'd have NO clue exactly what was ordered just from the customer copy email
                  If you follow me??
                  Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Owain
                    Good idea, thanks Jont.

Do I just tick "Send me an Email when I have an order to download" ? Will this forward the order to the email set?

O.
                    That will just notify you of a new order to download since you last checked - if you are leaving them on the site you will not get another until you download and reset.

In the box beneath "Send receipt email copies to" you should enter your clients email address and also yours if required - note to separate with a space and not a semi-colon as per other programs.

Bikster

Comment

I think what I will do is disable online ordering completly, just put links to "contact us for a quote" or something along those lines. If they wish to have online ordering then they can order Actinic and it will be easy enough to enable it all again.

Thanks for everyones help.

O.

Comment

Working...
                      X