Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Script Change Possible?

Hi

I recently had a suggestion on my forum to include "postage costs" on each item within Actinic description field. I explained the realities of why this is not a good idea as we have 4 different postage options and that dependent on "cart weight", various postage options become better value etc..

The guy who initially recommended this then came back with why not include it within the script that shows you your cart details, so it would show something like this:

Cart Items: 4
    Cart value: £34.99
    Postage: £3.64

This i though was a very nice idea.

My question is to the scripting marvels out there, is it possible/viable, has anyone done this and how much would it cost to implement?

Appreciate any answers

Cheers

Lee

Lee,

Take a look at this thread... http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?p=88780. I know it is not what you want but is similar. The Postage/shipping is displayed in the cart total/value by default. Am checking to see if it is possible to add a third line to get you the Postage displayed seperately.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Cheers Bruce, much appreciated.

Thanx for that thread also, handy information.

Comment

Lee,

I'm afraid this cannot be done, the mini cart gets values from "actinicextras.js". This file it is set to only have, the Cart content and total value. This works with the primary template using "NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS" and "NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE". We don't have a netquotevar to use for postage to get this function to display.

It is a wish list Item and I will add it in there for you.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanx for your time on this Bruce.

Athough this is not a huge problem or indeed a massive change to the customers experience, i think it is one of those "nice to have" items. I guess its one of those things that just adds a nice touch and a general feel to the software.

Would be nice to see it included.

Cheers

Lee

Comment

Working...
          X