Page code has local files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page code has local files

When I look at the source code of any of my sites pages (exported not local preview) they're full of local file names, Templates.
    C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\Act_SimpleSearch.html etc etc

Surely this cant be right?
    Cheers

http://www.designeropticsonline.com/...er_Labels.html

This is normal for uncompacted code.

If you go to Design | Options - Miscellaneous tab and put a tick in the box next to Compact HTML/CGI, then all the template references, comments and spaces will no longer show on the live pages (and the code will load faster too).
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

arr right so Im only meant to untick it to see which templates doing what? then put it back?

Cheers yet again m8.

Comment

I'm I missing something? The whole sites gone mad! Now its forgoten most of the image address (/acatalog/doo/products/product.jpg is /acatalog/product.jpg)

I need to have over 1000 products from 15 designers in the main acti folder?!!?

Where I had templates like footerguide showing links in white they now show in black (the same as page main settings) I was feeling smug about getting css to work at all

Its meant to be released in the morning.

BTW: I turned "Compact HTML/CGI" back on (its been off for most of site build), imported a snapshot and deleted everything on the server before I uploaded.

Everything still works fine in local preview.

Comment

I'm still seeing uncompacted code
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Like the total newb that I am I may of forgot to re tick the Compact HTML/CGI.

I did everything over again but this time making sure Compact HTML/CGI was ticked. It seems to have cut the code alot this time, but all the same problems are there.
            Cheers

Comment

All the images are pointing to the acatalog folder.

Is that where they are on your local drive?

Mick

Comment

on the local drive they are things like ...site1\doo_pic\products\police\police666.gif

On the server theyre things like.
                ...acatalog/doo_pic/products/police/police666.gif

Everything worked fine including css untill I tried to fix an unbust site.

I've fixed the css problem. There wasn't one Actinic hadn't uploaded it since the deleting. There seems to be loads missinng. Only seem to be about half the html files and Actinic hadn't uploaded the folders containing images etc.
                I take it actinc only uploads html files that have been changed? Can I override this?

site1 becomes acatalog yer?

Still dosnt tell me why actinic is changing my image addresses.

Comment

On the server theyre things like.
                  ...acatalog/doo_pic/products/police/police666.gif
                  These directories must have been manually created by you. These directories can not have been created by Actinic.

Actinic keeps ALL its files (HTML and Images) in the single directory acatalog on the server. This is regardless of where they come from on your PC. The only exception is the HTML of the Brochure Home Page, which is in your site root.
                  I take it actinc only uploads html files that have been changed? Can I override this?
                  Refresh re-uploads everything. Update does only changed files.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I can see the images in the various sub folders of /acatalog/ on the server including the thumbnail preview file which you wuold get in a windows explorer folder. How are you uploading the images and pages to the site? Are you hitting upload within Actinic?

Even if the files are in sub folders of the site1 folder on the hard dive they should all be lumped into the /actalog/ folder on the server - the paths to the images are all looking for files that are not there but several sub folders down from /acatalog/

Actinic will only upload pages that have changed - new products added, price change etc or a change of the Act_Primary.html template etc.

The CSS is only working by chance as the inline styles you have in the head of the Act_Primary.html are fighting against those in the actinic.css eg you have a:hover twice but with different properties - you need to assign the inline styles as a class eg:

.newstyle a:hover etc

you should also place these inside the actinic.css (or create a new stylesheet and attach to the Act_Primary.html and other master templates) to reduce page overhead and also it makes changing say the colour of a hover action quick and simple as Actinic will only have to upload the stylesheet and not every page on the site (a small change to the Act_Primary will force almost every page to upload again)

Are you are seeing the section images and product images under Actinic in preview mode?

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Norman gets the cookie.
                      It was all caused by me not even knowing there's another upload button lol
                      Everything works a treat now.

the reason there's folders called doo_pic etc in acatalog is I must of put them there when building the templates.(beleaving actinic kept the file tree) They have template images in there as well as products etc(uploaded using a ftp client).

As for old code fighting; I'm slowly working my way though things (that's wot caused tonights fun )
                      There's unused preloaded images and all kinds of things.

Thanks peeeps. I wouldn't even of thought to look for another upload button.

I'M nOT totAlly usELess honest

Comment

You can also add template image files in Advanced | Additional files and Actinic will take care of the uploading of these - no need to open a standalone FTP client

Bikster

Comment

Out of sheer interest on page http://www.designeropticsonline.com/...87_Blue_2.html are the lens and prescription details etc set up as products?

Bikster

Comment

They’re components,attributes, choices. Not assigned to any product. On a separate order line. Then I’ve copied/pasted all the prescription chucks in to each product.
                            If that makes the slkightest bit of sense lolol

I know they show that way in the cart but I was hoping to just tweak it l8er. Lol I was gob smacked I got it to work in the first place (abit like my css)

Comment

Working...
                            X