Product Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Numbers

I have only just realised that if you delete a product off actinic and then at a later date add a new one, that they can take the same product number.

This is disasterous when it comes to reporting purposes as two products are now sharing the one number.

Is there any way to get around this - without having to not delete a product ??
    For Everyday Pet Products
    www.pet-bliss.com

For Doggy Bling and Clothes
    www.poshpaws.ie

Mark it for deletion but don't purge?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzie bear
      I have only just realised that if you delete a product off actinic and then at a later date add a new one, that they can take the same product number.

This is disasterous when it comes to reporting purposes as two products are now sharing the one number.

Is there any way to get around this - without having to not delete a product ??
      In Business Settings|Options|Product References do you have "Auto Generate Product References" enabled? If so, you can disable this feature, which will then require you to enter a unique product reference for every new product you add, so you have control over product references and can ensure that no new products share a reference with a deleted product.
      Brian
      www.flowergallery.co.uk
      Same day flower delivery to UK
      Same day flower delivery to Republic of Ireland
      International Flower Delivery

Located in Argyll, Scotland, UK

Comment

Yes, I have autogenerate on.

Might keep it on though as I don't want to have to manually make up numbers, especially when I have hundreds of products to add...
        For Everyday Pet Products
        www.pet-bliss.com

For Doggy Bling and Clothes
        www.poshpaws.ie

Comment

If you have that many products, it would be easier to enter the fields into a spreadsheet, save it as a .csv file and then import the products into Actinic. Saves you time, and you can use some simple functions to create your product IDs.
          www.gbradley.co.uk
          Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Do what I do for fragments. I've created a 'storage' section and place anything there that I might want later. I then just hide the section.

Duncan R

Comment

Working...
            X