Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic & Web CEO

Hi,

I am just getting to grips with Web CEO.

I have got to the Editor section, made changes as recommended in optimisation section and saved those changes.

I have then uploaded site via actinic and looked at source and no changes are there.

Can any one tell me where I should make changes (I have been using site html folder so far to make changes in which seems to work with the opimisation tool) or give me any other tips.

kind regards

Rob
    Rob Lane
    www.DATARAX.co.uk

I use WebCeo for several of the sites I look after so I know exactly what you are talking about. The simple answer is that you cannot use the editor part of WebCeo with Actinic pages.

The reason is that Actinic generates new html pages whenever you make a change whithin Actinic, this overwrites the page that is held on the server. If you have downloaded that page previously into WebCeo, made changes using editor and uploaded the changed page then it will be overwritten when you upload Actinic.

The only way round the problem is to see what editor suggests and then make the changes within Actinic, that way the changes will remain.

Comment

Hi Malcolm,
      Thanks for the info. I had thought as much!
      Nothing is ever simple with Actinic so I find.

Kind Regards

Rob
      Rob Lane
      www.DATARAX.co.uk

Comment

Actinic is complexly simple all at the same time. All the data is held in a database and all the pages are compiled into the various templates. Programs such as WebCEO check a page and make suggestions on how to improve it. As pointed out above it is not as simple as simply changing the generated pages as next time you upload they will revert back to the the Actinic version.

Any changes need to be either to the templates or usually for SEO purposes at the section or sub-section level (a section equates to a page on the internet)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X