Extended Information Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Information Option

Would having a very large image displayed using the Extended Info button have any detrimental effects to my website? Or does anyone have any opinions on this?

Have a look at any of the Happy New Year Banners at http://apartyshop.co.uk/acatalog/New_Year.html

I thought a nice clear big image would show the product detail better.

Not really - thats the whole point of using the pop-up... give the casual browser a small thumbnail but if they want a bigger picture then they have the option to view at their discretion. Looking at the banner I would make the pop-up the correct size to avoid horizontal scrolling to show the whole image in one hit.

The only very small issue could be with bandwith if you are close to any limits and the image is going to get lots of hits

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hope you were not one of the premises affected by the fire this week?

Bikster

Comment

We are still struggling badly with courier deliveries & collections, especially City Link whose local hub was pretty much in the centre of things. Just my luck one of my main suppliers uses them!

On the bright side, no adverse effects, except for my Dad being evacuated for 3 days!! (He lives on the industrial estate)

Also it has apparently disturbed the local rodent population and I lost half a packet of Rich Tea Biscuits to a small mammal overnight

Comment

Mmm.... barbequed rat ... my favourite

Bikster

Comment

Working...
          X