Testing Protx - will this mean I can't receive orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing Protx - will this mean I can't receive orders

I am hoping to shortly set Protx up as my new PSP (VSP Form), in conjunction with a merchant account from HSBC.

On the Protx/Actinic integration pages, they suggest testing the payment system before going live, and while this seems logical I can also see possible problems with this. My current Advanced Network settings are obviously set up to detect my current web-hosters. As soon as I change these settings to that of a test server (which I shall set up on my machine), will Actinic lose all contact with the live site, and hence no orders or emails will be received during the testing procedure?
    The other problem with this is that my site is approaching 3Gb of data, and transferring this amount of data over to a test server could take a whole load of time.

The alternative is, I imagine, to simply set Protx up on the live site, and announce on the website that no payments can be made for perhaps a couple of days while I ensure Protx is working properly. I would actually prefer to do this, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has introduced a new PSP while their site is already functioning live. What are the best procedures to follow?

Thanks,

Paul Gardner
    www.piano-accompaniments.com

it won't take you a couple of days..

I had a similar experience recently when I added Paypal to my site.

I added the payments details, uploaded it to the live site, and then ran three orders, checked they worked, and there we were live.

Just bite the bullet!
    Sally Dickson
    Creative Catalogues Online - Brands & E-shops

E-shops:
    The Official Paddington Bear Shop
    The Official Bang on the Door Shop
    The Official Flower Fairies Shop
    The Official Miffy shop
    The Official Maisy Shop

Also: www.toysandgifts.co.uk
    www.jeuxetcadeaux.fr
    Ebay
    Amazon:

Comment

When you have PROTX in test mode, any visitor attempting to pay by PROTX would be informed that PROTX is in test mode and no actual money would be deducted from their card number. Most would go back and choose an alternate payment method.

If they do not, you would need to telephone them and explain they had not processed an order and either process them off-line or invite them to redo their order using an alternate payment method.

As Sally says, PROTX are usually happy to go live after only three or so 'test' orders (usually including at least one refund and/or a manual transaction).

You should be able to put PROTX test online, do your test transactions in about half an hour, switch PROTX off again, with no problem.

Then send your go-live request to PROTX and be online with PROTX live, the very next day.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks guys, sounds like it won't be as problematic as I first anticipated!

Paul

Comment

I'd be inclined to change the wording where customers choose their payment method to something indicating that it is a test method only. That, coupled with placing it at the bottom of the choice list, should deter folk from selecting it at all...
          I'm assuming you don't have a current PSP to use meantime? You could always temporarily place the java encryption as first choice and collect the details that way to process them through the virtual terminal when your account is live again?
          Tracey

Comment

When I added protx to my website, I tested it first by adding it and changing the name of the payment method to Internal - Do not use, leaving the old one in place until it was live. This seemed to work fine.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

When Protx say test the site they mean the protx settings not change the Actinic site to Test mode, you do not have to change your network settings
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
              X