Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NorPrice - Automatic multi currency display on entire catalog

Hi Norman

I have been looking at your NorPrice currency conversion patch with some interest.

At present I am looking to make my site more overseas friendly and need a clear and concise way to confirm overseas prices. I currently have a XE convertor in my shopping cart but I think I need to show conversions with each product.

Your patch is almost perfect for my needs but I have a question.

For the UK (GBP) price - I would only need the UK Gross price showing (as we never make Net sales in the UK) but then underneath this I would want the Overseas Gross and Overseas Net prices displayed (if the customer uses the convertor as per your demo). Therefore the 2x overseas prices are clearly seperated from the UK price. Is it possible to do this with your patch?

This would make the layout clearer. I would prefer to have only one overseas price showing but because US customers only pay Net - I want to highlight this. However EC customers pay gross - so I need to highlight this also.

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Men's Clothing & Accessories
    Cufflinks, Underwear, Ties, Grooming Products
    Bath, England
    Fast delivery to UK, USA and worldwide.
    Men's Fashion Blog

Hi

I'm doing some investigation with the current (standard Actinic) functionality and have a clarification of what I want to do.

I have noted that once the customer has selected shipping destination - the cart (and checkout process) automatically presents the correct taxation price (e.g. net or gross depending on location). Therefore I plan to use the "Request Location Information Early" funtion.

As a consquence I am interested in understanding if I could use the NorPrice patch - next to each product having the UK Gross only and underneath: the Overseas Net and Overseas Gross. And then have the UK and overseas (relevant taxation price) in the cart and checkout process.

Is this possible?

Kind regards

Paul
    KJ Beckett
    Bath, England
    Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

I'd need to see the type of pages you're using. Can you post an URL please.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

http://www.kjbeckett.com

Thanks

Paul
        KJ Beckett
        Bath, England
        Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

OK. All your products are VATable. You show VAT inc prices on your product pages, but want the NorPrice generated currency to be reduced by 1.175 if the chosen currency is not an EC one (i.e. not EUR, DKK, SEK, GBP, etc).

This can be easily done by adding one line to norpricesupport.js

The Cart and checkout pages won't be affected by this tweak. However, using the Request Location Info Early feature that will be taken care of by Actinic.

You'd best put a warning on your pages that the non eurozone prices only apply for orders exported to these currencies home countries. Otherwise someone might insist on paying you in dollars while taking delivery in the UK. Ouch.

Comment

Thanks Norman. I think this something I would like to do so will email you about it.

I agree that some sort of statement will be required clarifying VAT/non VAT (I may use the currency convertor pop-up to convey this information) but I dont think the issue you mention will occur because the actual/final amount passed to the payment provider should be based on location selection not currency selection.

Paul
            KJ Beckett
            Bath, England
            Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

Hi Norman / All

I currently use Worldpay and PayPal for my payment transactions.

For WorldPay I intend to set-up currencies for US$ and other key countries' money.

Once the customer hits the Worldpay screens they will initially be presented with the GBP price and a dropdown list of other potential currencys. If they choose US$ the price will change appropriately.

However WorldPay mentioned that I could pass the default currency for the customer accross. Is this possible? How would this work with NorPrice?

Paul
              KJ Beckett
              Bath, England
              Men's Fashion Blog

Comment

That would require some serious customisation of the Actinic Perl PSP interface. That's not an area I know or tinker with.

NorPrice uses a Cookie to contain the ISO code of the alternate currency and the rate from Textor. It might be possible to interrogate that cookie and pass the ISO code to the PSP. A job for someone else though.

Comment

Working...
                X