Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate products when searching

Hi,
    I have deleted a few products from the catalog. If I go to the site and drill down the appropriate categories, I will not see the products anymore which is the satisfactory result. However, if I use search and type in the name, the deleted products will show in the search result and subsequently, in the catalog pages!!!!!

When I deleted the products, I purged and compacted the database. I have also refreshed the site. I have cleared the cache on my PC and tried again. I am baffled. Has this happened to anyone else? Is this something to do with search indexes?

Any help is appreciated.

the html pages are probably still present on the webserver.

Comment

How do I get rid of them, or change them??

Comment

Log into your web server using your ftp address in your web browser and it will show you your web server files and folders.

Comment

Perhaps your update isn't working as it should.

Change the details on an existing product and make sure that you can see these changes after updating the site.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi,
            Thank you all for your replies. I have now managed to make the changes in the HTML files on the web server and delete the product lines I don't need. However, the deleted products still appear in the Search result page. The link to the products on the result page take you to a wrong location since the products don't exist anymore.

Please bear in mind that my products are in one file and not separate HTML files.

Is there anyway that Actinic can automate this process?? i.e. delete the product line from Actinic and all the HTML files and the Search indexes get updated?

In the meantime, what do I do with the search result page??

Thanks again.

Comment

Fara,

The link to the products on the result page take you to a wrong location since the products don't exist anymore.
              Are these hard coded links? If so they need to be manually changed. I have tried in a default Actinic store and cannot replicate the problem. Please try doing a complete refresh of the site. I would suggest suspending orders and give it half an hour, download orders and then enable ordering and refresh the website from Web | Refresh Website.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X