ok...big gripe about components!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok...big gripe about components!

Not sure if this will ultimately result in a wishlist request.. it could be something I'm doing wrong!

I have introduced a product here http://budget-bumps.co.uk/acatalog/Pregnancy.html which is a kit made up of various items sold separately in my store.

Customer chooses the size/colours etc of the individual components of the kit and every component has an associated product for stock control purposes.

The set-up works fine in practise

EXCEPT....

Picture the scene...customer places an order and chooses an incorrect size/colour for one of the items (ie she orders size 8/10 pyjamas and 14/16 briefs )

I am completely unable to alter the order in any way to resolve the problem... the only thing I can do is create a new order with the correct choices.

What I would like to be able to do is CANCEL one of the components in the order and ADD the correct one in.
    From what I can gather, I currently cannot do this.
    I can only cancel the WHOLE orderline and then I suppose do a manual offline item for the correct combination (whci his going to mean that V7.0.5 uses it's messed up shipping calculations for the order... the only way to do it really is going to be to cancel the order and place a whole new one tbh)

Am I missing something or is it not possible to cancel a COMPONENT on its own?
    Am I the only person who can see that this is an issue? And, if not, can it be something for the wishlist please?
    Many thanks!
    Tracey
    Tracey

Tracy
    think I had the same problem

Just highlighted the product in line order, canceled it and then do a "Add new item"
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris,
      The only problem with that is that, since upgrading to 705, weird things happen with the shipping and I'd then have to do another offline order adjustment to compensate for the messed up shipping calculation.
      Really, we NEED to be able to cancel a component on its own, don't we?
      My only (neat) solution is to cancel the whole order and do a new one (it doesn't mess up the shipping completely with a new order)
      Tracey

Comment

What are these weird things I have not seen any and i am on ver 7.0.5

Can you be more specific
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

My shipping problems are detailed here
          http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=17104

Basically, it calcualtes the shipping incorrectly on every order.
          I've been through support (I have cover) and they have now said that it is a bug.
          Unfortunately, it's BIG bug for me as it affects EVERY offline order adjustment I make and can only be remedied with a manual adjustment to the totla... not vry professional looking.
          So I have to avoid offline order adjustments where possible!
          Tracey

Comment

Tracey I upgraded to 7.05 despite your warnings but I couldn't fix my other problem which was unable to download or upload or print(printer broken) from the office and as Pipex wireless broadband can't 'see' my site currently at home (thus I can't download or upload from home either and I've also got a broken home printer too....I could do nothing at home, so just went for it as i couldn't find a downloadable 7.04 on a Sunday

I've found the same as you it insists on adding in my min postage for every order or add on item, but in the payment screen after adding, you can change the shipping by entering the correct value and clicking 'update' and so far it has worked OK every time for me
            Miranda Stamp
            Twinkle Twinkle
            www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
            Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

watch it if you make adjustments to orders later on though, Miranda (ie customer returns part of order, especially if they exchange it for something else)
              My installation is using the (incorrectly) calculated shipping to re-calculate the new order total and clicking update doesn't fix it... in fact, nothing is fixing it! Except a manual adjustment which looks unprofessional on the invoice if it's being sent back out for exchange purposes.
              If you get chance, try it on a (test?) order to make sure you don't have the same trouble!
              Tracey

Comment

We don't seem to have that problem, we can always click on the Update afaik - and our returns go through Sage bypassing Actinic so don't have that problem.

I'll try to test it out on Friday (having 2 days off, open air ice skating at Windsor today -ouch!, and seeing The Gruffalo's Child tomorrow).
                Miranda Stamp
                Twinkle Twinkle
                www.twinkleontheweb.co.uk
                Cloth nappies, natural toiletries, organic baby clothing, potty training aids, slings and more...

Comment

Working...
                X