Navigation Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation Buttons

I am using one of the clean layout themes ( number 9).
    At the moment on the content tree i have got the top (Home) page followed by two brochure pages (More and Link) and then just one section.

I have adjusted the appearance of the buttons at the section level by commenting out NQV:Footer-guide in the ACT-Primary file and replacing with the individual buttons like this:
    NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFO</div>
    <div align="center">
    NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCART</div>
    <div align="center">
    NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUT</div>
    <div align="center">
    NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOG</div>
    <div align="center">
    NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBMAIL</div>
    <div align="center">
    NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBHOME</div>
    That seems to work.
    But i want to replace the similar
    NQV-Header-guide found in the ACT-Primary-Brochure file
    so that the buttons on the Home, More and LInks page are:
    'Links' 'More' 'top section';
    'Home' 'Links' 'top section'
    'Home' 'More' 'Top section' respectively.

Could anyone offer any advice on how to manipulate these brochure buttons?.

Also, i am not sure how to include a button that will point to the top section (as opposed to the top of store).

On another thing i am struggling with:
    I have selected 'No repeat orders allowed so that the 'Save' button on the View cart page is removed. I would like to remove the 'update' button now and include in its place (and on other pages) a button which says (and does!) "empty cart".
    Any help gratefully recieved.
    John

Hi John

To have specific navigation icons on different brochure pages, you will need different Brochure Primary templates for each. For e.g, in Act_BrochurePrimary for the home page, you will need to comment out NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE and replace with the icons and links for More, Links and Top Section. Similarily, for the More brochure page, rename the brochure primary and replace the icon for More with one for Home and so on.

The best way to pull out the URLs is to view the generated website, right click on the existing links for More, Link and Catalog (or Products) in the browser window and select Copy Shortcut. You can then hard-code these in the template using the <a href...> tags.
    The individual brochure templates can then be associated with the corresponding brochure pages in the content tree. For the Home page, this needs to be done in Design | Options | Brochure.

To change the Update button, the template you need to edit is Act_ShoppingCart.html (Advanced | Template Manager | Ordering, click on Cart), where you will find these lines :
    <!-- <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON"> -->
    <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="ACTION_UPDATE" SRC="update.gif" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON">

However, as the update button is also used to update the cart item quantity, and not just removing them, replacing it with an Empty Cart button might confuse the customers.

Hope this helps.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Krithika
      Thanks for your reply.
      still frustrated!.

Ive created 2 new templates and added in new code as described.
      On preview, the brochure pages pick up whatever is in the Act_brochure primary template and ignore what is in the new templates.

The names of the new templates in site1 are custombrochure1.html and custombrochure2.html

i have filled the 'Page Filename' boxes with these names. Is that correct?.

I couldnt see what you mean by
      'For the Home page, this needs to be done in Design | Options | Brochure'

cheers
      John

Comment

Hi John

Sorry if I was not clear.

To associate a template for the index or welcome page, you need to go to Design | Options | Brochure and click on Select against the field Overall Layout, then click on browse to choose the correct brochure template.

To override this for the More and Link pages, click on the individual Brochure page in the Content Tree.
        Now in the Page Details window, click on Select against the Layout field and follow the same procedure as above to choose the corresponding brochure template, i.e, custombrochure1.html for More and custombrochure2.html for Links.

Hope this helps.
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

remove update

Hi Krithika.
          Thanks for your reply.
          Your reply was clear. Its just that i am not that familiar yet with the Actinic package.
          My customers will probably only ever purchase 1 product at a time so the update would only be of much use i think when they want to clear the cart,

Two things.

1)If i simply comment out the line:
          <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="ACTION_UPDATE" SRC="update.gif" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON">

will this cause any problem (ie what would happen if they try to change the number of product field?.

2) Is there a way of adding a clear cart button?. For example as an extra button alongside the standard 'View cart' and 'Checkout' etc buttons?.

(I have noticed that sometines when a transaction is aborted and then later the site is revisited, the memory of the previous visit remains and will possibly cause consternation - consternation which can be reduced if the cart can be easily cleared).

cheers
          John

Comment

Hi John

The easiest way to do this would be to duplicate the codes for the Update button and replace the update.gif in the second instance with an empty cart image.

For e.g, :

<Actinic:REMOVE TAG="UpdateButton">
            </Actinic:REMOVE>
            <Actinic:REMOVE TAG="UpdateButton">
            <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="ACTION_UPDATE" SRC="emptycart.gif" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON">
            </Actinic:REMOVE>
            Now customers will need to click on the Update button when they alter the product quantity and the Empty Cart button when they select the Remove checkbox.

To clear out the shopping cart completely if customers abandon their orders, you can find the relevant workaround in the Advanced Users Guide (word version) on Pg : 49, which provides a Java script for Emptying The Cart When People Leave The Checkout. If you do not have a copy of the guide you can download it from http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm
            Please note you will need to download the Word version, which makes copying across codes easier.

Hope this helps.
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Add this code to your actinicextras.js OR just before the </HEAD> tag in your Act_Primary template (this allows the cart to be cleared from any page that uses that template).
              Code:
              /*********************************************************************
              *     Clear details - forces a cookie renew with blank details
              *********************************************************************/
              function ClearDetails()
              {
              if (confirm('This will clear your order and address details completely.\nClick "View Cart" to change your order.\nDo you wish to proceed?') == true)
              {
              createCookie("ACTINIC_CART","",-2);
              createCookie("CART_CONTENT","",-2);
              createCookie("CART_COUNT","",-2);
              createCookie("CART_TOTAL","",-2);
              createCookie("ACTINIC_BUSINESS","",-2);
              createCookie("ACTINIC_REFERRER","",-2);
              window.location.reload();
              }
              }
              Then use this code where you want the button to appear
              Code:
              <input type="button" value="Empty Cart" onclick="ClearDetails()" />
              I am not the author, I picked the code up on this forum earlier this year and use it on every page.
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
              X