Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contact form

Hi

Just a quick couple of questions on the contact form.

Once the form has been submitted, is it possible to turn the auto re-direct off?

Also is it possible to add in any extra fields?

Thanks

Martin

does anyone know?

Comment

This might help with extra fields:
      http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=9401

Don't know about the re-direct.

Duncan R

Comment

Hi Martin

There is a workaround to reduce the bounce delay on the confirmation page so that the customer is almost immediately bounced back to the catalog page.
        To do this,
        - Go to C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1 (or equivalent) and find the file MailForm.pl.

- Right click to open in a text editor like Notepad.

- Find the line :
        @Response = ACTINIC::BounceToPageEnhanced(5, ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 1962) . $sError . ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 1970),

- Change the 5 to 0, save and exit

- Update changes to site and you will now find that the bounce is almost immediate after the form submission.

If however you wish the bounce to stop completely and allow the customer to proceed only if they click "here", then change the 5 to -1.
        Alternately, if you wish to redirect the bounce to a specific page, let me know and I'll fish around a bit more.

Hope this helps.
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Bounce to specific page

Originally posted by Krithika

If however you wish the bounce to stop completely and allow the customer to proceed only if they click "here", then change the 5 to -1.
          Alternately, if you wish to redirect the bounce to a specific page, let me know and I'll fish around a bit more.

Hope this helps.

Krithika

Please can you find a way to redirect bounce to a specific page. This is exactly what I need!

Thanks.

Trevor

Comment

Hi Trevor

Please try the following workaround :

1. In the same file mentioned above, just couple of lines below: @Response = ACTINIC::BounceToPageEnhanced(5, ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 1962) . $sError . ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 1970), find the line :

$::g_sContentUrl, $::g_pSetupBlob, $::Session->GetLastShopPage(), %::g_InputHash, $::FALSE);

2. Change this to read :
            $::g_sContentUrl, $::g_pSetupBlob, 'http://localhost/acatalog/Select_Items_from_a_List.html', %::g_InputHash, $::FALSE);
            Replace the above URL with the URL you desire the customer to be taken to after the mail has been sent.

I have tried this in V 7.0.6 and it works for me on a default site.

Hope this helps.
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Krithika

That works just fine thanks.

Trevor

Comment

Working...
              X