Screwy stock monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screwy stock monitoring

I've looked through the FAQs, the knowledge base, the online help and this forum, and can't find any definitive answers to the following question:

Actinic has an offline stock monitoring system; does that mean that when the customer orders, it takes no account of the quanitites in stock? I've just tried to order a product myself which I know has only two in stock, yet the store allows me to order more than that.

Are there any ways to prevent this happening, without listing the amount of stock of each product, and relying on the customer not to order more than what's in stock?

I believe Jan's Mole end tools can automatically set the maximum order quantity to the remaining stock level. This is an offline tool which can trigger regular site updates and will prevent this happening in most cases.

Visit: http://www.mole-end.biz/

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

tbh, I thought that, unless the maximum qty was changed from default (default being, I believe "0") Actinic only allowed the customer to order the number in stock.
      Granted they can come back straight away and place the same order again if they want more than Actinic is allowing them to order (assuming you have not downloaded and uploaded the new stock levels in the meantime)

Mole ends tool does change the max qty orderable to the qty in stock at each download/upload which is handy. Shame Actinic doesn't do the same!

If the "mole" has updated a qty to 4 (for example) with stock level being 4, and I then place an OFFLINE order, the stock level then becomes 3 but the max orderable stays as 4!

I thought, however, that when kept as the default setting of "0" the max orderable qty was the qty in stock but I believe that in the recent past (on the forums here) this has been proven not to be the case

Pointless post really...sorry.. not sure if it helps at all to know that!
      Tracey

Comment

and, IME 75% of the time Actinic's stock monitoring (or lack of!) *IS* screwy!!
        Tracey

Comment

Must agree here Tracey, these seems to be the odd instance of maybe a cancelled order, then deleted, then purged, etc leading to incorrect stock levels. I've never really spent any time investigating this but I'm pretty sure it happens.
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
          X