Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSS stylesheets instead of tables...

Hi everybody,

It seems that more and more websites layouts are no longer based on tables but only on CSS.

Do you know if it's possible to do that in Actinic? In other words, is it possible to define ids in actinic.css in order to control layouts, and withdraw all tables from catalog pages?

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Mathieu Perino
    ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Its possible to edit all the templates and remove the majority of tables. Trouble is, a lot of HTML code is generated by Actinic itself, either from the program or hidden away inside the .pm files. Actinic pages at the moment can't ever be truly W3C compliant, so its probably not worth the hassle to convert everything - it would be a major task for fairly little benefit!
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

search the forum for posts by Chris Dicken as he has produced a tableless css theme

Comment

I should have known
        www.gbradley.co.uk
        Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

There is a lengthy thread started by Myles (magicalwonders) in a quest to remove some of the Actinic clutter - may be worth a read if you have not already seen

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hello Mathieu,

I received your email but thought it better to answer on the forum, as others like yourself may be trying to do the same thing.

Jo is refering to this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=CSS+theme which will enable you to download a theme contructed by Chris containing no tables.

My interest has been more towards reducing the validation errors. I've managed to produce an Index page that complies with W3C, and I believe I have reduced the errors on other pages to the minimum. You can check out my progress on this thread, which I believe Jonty is referring to. http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=14742

Hope this helps

Myles
            www.magicalwonders.com

Comment

Jo is refering to this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ight=CSS+theme which will enable you to download a theme contructed by Chris containing no tables.
              thanks for your reply, but I didn't find any downloadable tableless theme...
              Is there already a tableless Actinic website online?

thanks for your help,
              Mathieu Perino
              ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

The snapshot is here: http://www.actinic.co.uk/v7/css_theme.acd

It really is my first stab at using CSS - so it's not perfect (I've got better since) But I hope it gives you a place to start.

Comment

The ACD is the snapshot created from Actinic so you can do snapshot | import to open the files (make sure you have backed up and copies your site1 folder)

You can also open the ACD using a ZIP tool to take a peak and extract without using Actinic - probably a safer option if all you want to do is see how things have been done

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thank you guys!

I'm just trying my brand new CSS catalog, it's exactly what I wanted!
                    Mathieu Perino
                    ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

Working...
                    X