Stop Ordering!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Ordering!

I disabled the main site this morning as we are unable to process any further orders. The site clearly shows "Catalog Suspended". I have just received an order some 5 hours later!

Is this possible from a cached page or saved order on the users borwser? Does suspending ordering simply remove the "add to cart" button?

Have now deleted all the open session files from the server to stop the beligerent sods ordering <hopefully>

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Ha, that won't stop the determined customer.

Go to Google, search for your website and an item on your page, click the cached page and place the order from there.

(not sure if it works with orders suspended, I suspect it will)

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I tried this on Surf-wax as we suspended ordering yesterday. I searched in Google and brought up a cached page with an add to cart button as Mike suggested would be possible, however after hitting the add to cart I got this message

"Essential work is being carried out on the shop. It is not possible to place orders at the moment. Please try again later.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here."

I ftped to the site to check the cgi-bin, both the CA and OS scripts were changed at the time of the suspension.

Comment

(sigh's).... the working classes carry on for a few more days yet....

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I still have a few orders arriving in dribs and drabs but the busy period is well and truly over for me. Although for some reason the traffic has shot up, maybe my 'last order dates' message is putting people off.

Good to hear that the scripts are preventing orders from being placed when in 'suspended' mode. Makes me wonder how Jont got an order 5 hours after suspending though. I doubt if the script would have been cached for that long. Maybe Nothing else can be added to the cart but existing or saved carts can still be completed.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Have just tried the cached page approach and also got the same message as Jo regarding essential work. Since purging the session files not received any more orders. Oh well - will put it down to another of those bizarre tricks of the internet.

Thanks for checking it out.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X