"Error occured sending merge request"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Error occured sending merge request"

We're setting up a new site at http://www.freeroam.co.uk and have more or less replicated settings from our existing site at http://www.orate.co.uk.

However, at the end of the upload we get the error message above.

So - seeking guidance on what the possible causes are and therefore the likely resolution.
    Rich

Hi Rich,

If you do a search on this site, you should find a lot of various anwsers. The most common ocurrence for us is simply a busy server. I assume that you've tried this several times, so there are a few fixes to be found on this site.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the response - I'll remember next time to search for the answers before panicking with asking a question!

I have uploaded on a number of occasions, last night and today, so it's irritating that this is still going on. However, the various answers on previous responses give me encouragement that this might soon "go away".
      Rich

Comment

I find it happens after a number of changes have been made. Hosting issues aside, I find compacting the databases, closing catalog, re-open catalog then uploading sometimes `cures` it. Failing that usually a 'site re-fresh does the trick.

Very annoying when it happens though, and usually when you need pages updated too.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

it also happens if you change the uploading PC

In fact it is a pain as it will happen when there is a Y in the day too

Comment

oh dear

This is a band new site, grand total of 4 products, but I still compressed. I have exited, and gone back into Actinic. And lo and behold, I am still getting this error.

But thanks to all for sympathetic and prompt help!
            Rich

Comment

Working...
            X