X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Map and Directory structure

Hi All
    It seems that my sites generally have the following directory structure:
    everything including brochure and store section pages fall under the /actalog/ directory. Only index.html is outside the actalog/ directoyr..is that how it should be?
    Also the site map only includes the store sections and does not include the brochure sections..I would like to include the Brochure sections..for spiderability..how do I do that?
    Thirdly looking at my stats, I see that the bots for some reason seem to like indexing the /cgi-bin/ folder...why is that..and is that good? At the moment I have nothing in Robot.txt file...

The Actinic store structure is (unfortunately) just as you have yours, flat - so what you have is correct.
    The sitemap does not contain brochure pages. What I do is hard code links elsewhere on the site to these other pages. Otherwise, although I haven't tried, you might be able to add some hard coded links into Act_Sitemap.html.

Don't know about the spidering of cgi-bin, but I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Duncan R

Comment

HI Duncan
      Thanks for your reply..you mean you would hard code a brochure link in the simple/Advanced Link section of a Product Details?
      Thanks

Comment

No - I've hard coded brochure links in my Act_Primary, so they (like the sitemap) have a link on almost every page.

What may be possible, but I haven't tried, is to hard code links in Act_Sitemap.

Comment

Working...
        X