Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with font colour changes please

Hi all,

I really am a techno idiot I'm afraid and seem to know nothing about HTML at all ...... so this could me mission impossible!!

I have built my basic store and thought I would use the festive lull to jazz it up a bit.
    I'm wanting to be able to understand how to change fonts and colour of fonts throughout the store ............. is this a really hard thing to do?
    At the moment it all looks very bland!!

OK maybe start with one simple query which might be achievable .......

I am starting to build a sale section and am just reducing the price of various products in the "prices" tab and then entering "was previously xxp" in the customer message field - how can I make just this text red? Is it possible??

Example is here - as you can see it is all very boring at the moment!
    http://cardcraftheaven.co.uk/acatalog/SALE_ITEMS.html

Any help would be appreciated - but I really am a dummy when it comes to changing codes etc so would need very basic instructions!

Many thanks

I assume you havepalced the text "Was £2.80" in the product description box

So to turn it red you need this

!!<<font color="red">Was £2.80</font>>!!

Comment

Hi,
      The field that I am trying to change is one field across the entire site - each price etc will be different so just need a code to insert to change the one field red if a message is entered.

The field I am looking at is ........... in product / prices tab / "Customer message" field. So if I chose to enter a message here I would like it to be red.
      I have been playing with the Act_productline template but can't find the right fields to change - told you I am a techhie idiot!!

Thanks for your help but entering that just entered an addition line of text into the products - which I don't want.

Bex

Comment

Becky

The way i did it was via Discounts & Surcharges: Presentation where i entered

!!<
        <BR>
        <FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="2"> <B> Pre Christmas <BR>Rush Discounts<BR></B>
        <BR>
        Buy two or more items from any combination within the <B><BR> "Chefs Jackets & Chef Trousers" </B>sections and receive a 10% discount off the cheapest item.
        <BR>
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi - It isn;t a special offer though so not sure that the above would work for me.
          I have over 1000 products to change the price of for a sale .
          All I am doing is simply entering a lower price in the normal price box - and then entering a "previous price was" int eh customer message field.

Surely there is a simple way of making that one field - ie - customer message within the price window red? Across the entire site? Ie, and message you ever enter into that field becomes red
          I really thought this might have been straight forward and have been trying to do it all day and am losing the plot slightly ...............

If anyone can help then please do - I have pasted a link in my original post showing exactly what i mean.
          Thanks

Comment

Becky,

In the 'site1' folder open up the Act_ProductLine.html file in notepad and search for where it says

NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION

Replace this with

<span style="color:red">NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION</span>

Save the file and you should be done
            www.gbradley.co.uk
            Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

Graham / Kermy

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can stop throwing my toys out of my pram now! Your help is VERY much appreciated.

Becky

Comment

Originally posted by BeckyF
                Hi - It isn;t a special offer though so not sure that the above would work for me.
                I have over 1000 products to change the price of for a sale .
                All I am doing is simply entering a lower price in the normal price box - and then entering a "previous price was" int eh customer message field.
                Thats what the discount structure is in place for, you select your product range you want to discount enter your discount features i.e. 10% off, 10% off cheapest item, 3 for 2 etc and it automatically applies them to the whole lot selected a 5 minute job, you can then cancell the discount at a latter date and revert to the original price
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris.

I did have a good play with the discount features - and have found some really useful tools for the buy 2 get one free etc so thanks.

I am going to be changing the dicounted items daily so think for me it is easier to stick with the excel eport i have done and do it manually as I really am not that techie and have sussed it this way! The products being discounted are all over the place and i think it would be complicated for me to build them all in accurately etc.

Thanks for your help though

Becky

Comment

Working...
                  X