Checkout problem - returns to product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkout problem - returns to product

I'm upgrading our shop to V7 - when I test the site and checkout, I get to the the first page (after the shopping cart page), click on continue, and get taken back to the product I was trying to buy - any thoughts?! (I've tried a complete site refresh a couple of times.....) Thanks in advance for any help. Mark H.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

That sounds like normal Actinic behaviour - Continue means Continue Shopping.

Perhaps you've got the buttons mixed up. It's a bit hard to comment further as you've not posted the site's URL.

Hover the mouse over the Continue and you should see that it's ALT tag is "Continue Shopping". The normal buttons for Checkout is Checkout and subsequent ones that progress to the next page are called "Next".
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman - I'm afraid I've been a bit lax with my terminology - I can only get as far as the page (after the shopping cart, which has the "continue shopping" button) where you would normally select the shipping country. When I click on "next" on this page to go to the invoice address page (the "shipping country" page doesn't have a "continue shopping" button) I get bounced back to the product and do not continue through checkout. I've checked all the network setup settings, which seem fine, and work OK on another site which I am developing on the same type of hosting package. It appears to be something to do with the upgrade process. Mark.

Comment

a url would be useful

Comment

I can't usefully give the URL at the moment as the site is uploaded, tested, then cleared for business reasons. I'll try to narrow the problem down a bit to try to make any further questions more specific! Mark H.

Comment

Hi Mark,

I've seen this happen before when people are using the 'Use Images for Buttons in the Checkout' option that is shown in our Advanced User Guide. The problem is usually because when they upgrade the scripts are overwritten with the new version so the script changes necessary for this to work are lost and will need to be input again.

I hope this helps.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you Tracey - that is exactly the problem - it works perfectly now. (the other site I'm working on doesn't use the images for buttons option.....) Mark H.

Comment

Working...
              X