Cannot connect to the internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to the internet

I recently changed computers, took a snap shot of the site on my old computer, instaled actinic on the new one and imported the info from the old machine. Everything loaded O.K. but now cannot receive orders or upload the site. I get the error Unable to set the HTTP proxy username, (null) Unable to set the proxy password (null) The Server name or address cannot be resolved. My firewall is disabled. I have tried everthing to get over the problem without success. I have gone back to my old machine and it all seems to be the same info on both. Please help, I am losing orders.

Hi,

The error you are getting suggests that you have proxy settings set up in the 'Advanced | Network Setup' screen. Is this new pc on a network with the old pc or are they standalone?

If you go to 'Advanced | Network Setup' and click the 'Proxy' button, what do you have set in here?
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey, thank you for replying so promptly. This is a stand alone computer, I still have access to my old machine though it is completely seperate from my new one. Under proxy I have the following. HTTP proxy. server www.newdawndive.co.uk username is correct and the password seems to be OK port 80 and the proxy box is ticked. FTP. all as above with port 21. Hope this helps Richard.

Comment

Hi Richard,

Under proxy I have the following. HTTP proxy. server www.newdawndive.co.uk
        This appears to be a website address. You only need to specify a 'proxy server' if the computer that Actinic is on is not directly connected to the internet (ie it is going through a network to get onto the internet). It looks to me like you do not need to have a proxy set on this pc. Please try setting the proxy to 'None' and see if that works for you.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X