Extended info in main page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended info in main page

I have searched this forum and the Knowledge base but am unable to find out if the following is possible.

I am currently building a new site and require the extended info page to open within the original page and not as a pop up page.

Is this possible and how would I go about it?

Many thanks

Jason
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

See http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=13496 (I'm sure there are other posts re this too).
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

just a thought

not worked through it yet but...!

i created a new popup temlate some time ago, and placed the same table inside as i use to display my top level product's (view here) http://www.newblades.co.uk/acatalog/...s_segment.html
      when i made it i forgot to change the add to cart button for a close window button.... but add to cart worked, only problem it was running in a second instance of the store.. no good obvously..

now ive just read in a thred that you can make the extended info apear in the same page, would this not mean that the way i had it set up at first accidentally would have worked...if the extended info page was running in the same instance as the origonal window i dont see why not.

any comments before i waste my time trying...?
      Gary Simpson
      www.tba
      Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Comment

Many thanks Norman for the link.

I have managed to get the extended info to open in the main page but get all the NETQUOTEVAR showing instead of their functions.

I basically renamed Act_primary as the an extended info page and edited the centre section to show the extended info details.

see below

http://www.qualitygold.co.uk/acatalo...ite_Rings.html

All looks fine until you click the image

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Jason
        Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Jason,

You're seeing what I'd expect. Not all normal Act_Primary NETQUOTEVARS are available in the popup page template. You'll have to create a custom popup template that contains enough navigation to get the customers back into the normal pages. Quite a big job. Someone else may have such a template already done.

Comment

Gary,

I've got a patch that properly implements the Add to Cart on the popup page. It has to extract some info from the calling page and make sure that the Cart page opens in the calling window. See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff for it.

Comment

norman

are you refering to part of the upsell, or have you a seperate patch somewhere..?
              Gary Simpson
              www.tba
              Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Comment

It's called something like "Example demo code to allow add to cart on popup pages". Upsell uses this code (modified a bit) to do it's popup page work.

Comment

Many thanks for your help Norman.

I have decided to give up on this and hope that maybe it will be in V8

Kind regards

Jason
                  Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
                  X