Adding html into bulk of home page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding html into bulk of home page

When I created my info page I wanted the bulk area to be layed out how I wanted and add credit card pictures. To do this I put all my html for the bulk area inside act_infobody.html. This seemed to work well for me.

I want to be able to do the same for the homepage(add all by own html to the bulk area). The best way I can see at the moment is to code it straight into the act_brochureprimary template or the other way is to create a new template, say act_homebody.html and use NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE act_homebody.html to include it in the act_brochureprimary.

The problem I have is that what ever way I do it, the contents of the home page will appear on all the brochure pages. Is there a way I can add html to the brochureprimary template so that it only appears on the home page.

Add your html into a brochure fragment on the home page not forgetting to enclose the html within !!< html >!! tags.

The home page on chandleryworld.co.uk uses this method and is easy to update.

HTH

Regards
    Sharon
    www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
    www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
    www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

Thanks Sharon

That's an easier way to do it. Didn't know you could put HTML in a fragment like that. So you could split the HTML into smaller separate fragments rather than one big one.

Sam

Comment

Hello Sam

Yes, you can split the html into separate fragments plus the same principle also works for products.

Also, the whole fragment/product doesn't have to be html, you could use it to reformat part of the text
        e.g. This word needs to be !!<<b>bold</b>>!! but the rest of the text is OK as it is

Regards
        Sharon
        www.eyewear2gogo.com - designer sunglasses at discount prices
        www.solarequip.co.uk - solar products at discount prices!
        www.stuff2gogo.com - great stuff - great prices

Comment

Hi Sharon

Thats good to know. I'll give it a go and see what I can do. Thanks

Sam

Comment

Working...
          X