• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passive errors

hi,
    when i've made changes and try to uploaded my site, i get the following:

NETWORK TRANSFER STATUS
    some passive errors were encountered during the transfer. see the list for error and affected file.

when i view the problem, it says...actinic is unable to read the dimentions of C:\Documents e.tc, e.t.c, Error : Error opening the file.||section:my store section titles......,

any ideas?

thanks.

It would be better if you post the full error message.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Full error message :

C:\Documents and settings\barry\My Documents\domainname\acatalog\myimages actinic is unable to read the dimensions of C:\Documents and settings\barry\My Documents\domainname\acatalog\myimages error: error opening the file.||section:store section title.

thanks.

Comment

C:\Documents and settings\barry\My Documents\domainname\acatalog\myimages
        does this path exist on your pc?

Comment

NO..., this file does not exist on my PC.

everything was working fine then this happened.

Comment

Well, if the path does not exist this accounts for the error message.

Basically the error message is saying that your path names defined in catalog are pointing to a non exsistant location.

I must admit that the pathname is a little nonsensical as it appears to be a fudge of a hard drive location

C:\Documents and settings\barry\My Documents

and the remote location

\domainname\acatalog\myimages

Unfortunately I can not offer a solution

Comment

Pinbrook..,

you HAVE just offered a solution.
              i have been having hard drive problems recently so i've just gone over everything i did and found i had images all over the place..., a 'fudge' ?

working O.K now.

thanks.

Comment

Barry,

If you're doing a tidy up it may be a good idea to make sure all your images are either in your Site1 folder, or (better) an Images sub-folder within Site1. This way all your Actinic content will be in, or off Site1 making it much easier to back-up and maintain.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by super cat
                  Pinbrook..,

you HAVE just offered a solution.
                  i have been having hard drive problems recently so i've just gone over everything i did and found i had images all over the place..., a 'fudge' ?

working O.K now.

thanks.
                  Thats what I was hoping, sometimes all you need is a shove in the right direction

If you are having HD problems then make sure you get a good backup whilst you are tidying up.

Comment

Working...
                  X