Free Gift with coupon code - How to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Gift with coupon code - How to?

I want to give anyone who has a specific coupon code a free gift whether they buy anything from the store or not. They will only pay the P&P at a set amount. I of course want them to see all the offers and products on the store and wish to capture their details.
    I have had a play around with the discounts & surchages section but cannout get a FREE anything without them buying something.

I am sure there is more than one way to do this, any ideas?
    Steve D
    Boomedia Ltd
    www.ukpets247.co.uk

Hi Steve

One way to get around this might be to use the Add to Cart from Anywhere on the Internet as given in the Advanced Users Guide (Word version) Pg - 45. You can then compose a specific link for the free product and send it to customers and then have them enter the coupon code in the checkout stage to avail/validate the discount.
    You will need to display a message to this effect so customers will be aware of the procedure, and/or include the instructions in the email itself.

This link will automatically add the free product to cart and then bounce the customers back to the shop page, whereby they can then browse through the rest of the store or simply proceed to checkout.

If you do not have the Advanced Users Guide, you can download it from : http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm

Hope this helps.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks, just the job!
      Steve D
      Boomedia Ltd
      www.ukpets247.co.uk

Comment

Is it possible to add a zero rated product and nothing else and proceed through the checkout?

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I would also like to know this
          Steve D
          Boomedia Ltd
          www.ukpets247.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            Is it possible to add a zero rated product and nothing else and proceed through the checkout?
            IF you have a non-PSP payment solution offered, like cheque with order, or capture your own details, you could complete the process. Otherwise you will trip over in the PSP process and leave a PSP pending order on the system - which is fine for account creation purposes???
            Last edited by wjcampbe; 09-Feb-2006, 05:30 PM. Reason: new keyboard can't spell any better than the old one
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Does that work Bill?

I seem to recall if the cost of the product is zero shipping is not added - as well as missing out the whole payment section also!!

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Jont = correct, as usual

I just tried it in v7.0.6 - created free product, added to cart, checkout now, name address, how did you find site, receipt page. No PSP/payment method choice, no shipping cost (I use weight based shipping and set the item to 0 weight - which is defined as 0 cost, physical items either have a weight or a null in the weight box which picks up the default weight. Only items with 0 specified as the weight get 0.00 shipping cost)
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                X