Multi Currency - Location Default Preference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Currency - Location Default Preference

With many sites selling online your location dictates what you see...

Can Actinic use browser detection / location detection to force a chosen currency to display or indeed a langauge to display?

Like someone from the UK logs on and they see our prices in £'s and the language in English, but a person in Spain would see the price in Euros and the language in Spanish if we have the translation loaded else default to English and in an 'all else fails' environment use the default - where say for example the client is in China etc...

The client I would think should be able to override the detected settings.

Hi there

Currently Actinic will only display what you have chosen on the desktop application. What you have written is possible for an online database, but I don't know for static html pages. I'm might be possible, however not too sure if you can use some kind of javascript to detect the user country, and then apply this to Norman NorPrice patch.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

I have added a hard code of Norman's price patch that the user on entry will click a flag and then click enter... a two stage process...

...have asked Norman if we could work on a redirect 'onclick' for the Java that this would take the user straight to the catalog pages without a click of the enter button, perhaps at the same time work upon a country detection script which would trigger the same and default to "could not detect your location from browser" for a manual input.

This would be very useful for .eu .co.uk .com domains on redirect for users like ourselves whom ship internationally.

Comment

I've just added an optional feature to NorPrice that allows a second currency to be pre-set when a customer starts browsing (www.drillpine.biz/forums - NorPrice). This means that you immediately show prices in an up-to-date second currency. Currently you pre-set that currency but it would be easy to amend the code if there was a reliable way of getting the country's ISO name from the browser.

I looked at some of the possible techniques to do this and haven't found one that works reliably (my Zen UK address located me in Sam Marino, Ca!). There may be some subscriptions solutions out there, but I'll leave it to others to look.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

David,

Try this for your auto-redirect.

1) Copy norpricepopup.html (in Site1) to a new name norpriceredirect.html

2) Edit norpriceredirect.html and replace
          Code:
          opener.document.location.reload();
          with
          Code:
          opener.document.location.href = 'http://www.mysite.com/acatalog/index.html';
          changing the URL to suit.

3) Edit the JavaScript that's in your Home Page and replace the line
          Code:
          var pricewin=window.open('NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREFnorpricepopup.html' + arg, 'pricepop', 'height=100,width=400,toolbar=no');
          with
          Code:
          var pricewin=window.open('NETQUOTEVAR:BASEHREFnorpriceredirect.html' + arg, 'pricepop', 'height=100,width=400,toolbar=no');
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Works a treat Norman...

All I need to try now is to find a way to create a url to pass the same data and complete the process automatically, that way our .eu.com domain can show the prices in Euros and .uk.com domain in Sterling.

What a difference this mod makes!

Comment

Working...
            X