Search from Outside acatalog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Search from Outside acatalog

I have a site with an independant home page, not created within Actinic Brochure or store.

We want to include full search box(s) on this page as we feel we are losing orders without it.

I can see how to put a simple search using Product Codes (Adv User Manul Chapter 3) but as these are not common codes this is not pratical.

Can I add a search box for the advanced search to non Actinic generated pages? If so what is the code or where can I find it? Is it a matter of copying it from the acatalog/search.html page and tweaking is accordingly.

Thanks in advance
    David Cunningham

www.truska.com
    -----------------------------
    ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

David, if you want to use it on a non Actinic page, I would suggest using the generated code from an Actinic search page and tweaking to your needs.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce

I will play around with that and see how I get on.

Regards
      David Cunningham

www.truska.com
      ECommerce (SellerDeck) & Web Design, Hosting, Search Engine Optimisation, Social Media and Remote Backup (Truska Backup)

Comment

My setup is similar to Truska's, but I want to set the "home" button to point to my external homepage. Can someone help?

Comment

Hi Stitchy

Try Design | Options | Miscellaneous | Home Page Link

and set to URL and enter the actual URL of the home page including the htp:// bit

Regards
          David Cunningham

www.truska.com

Comment

D'0h! Silly me- how did I miss that? Thanks David!
            Stitch

Comment

I find it really nice when I miss something like that because it means there is no problem - just, as you say, feeling a bit of a twit - do it far to often myself.

Glad to help

How do you back up your Actinic, and other data - I offer a remote backup service - see www.sme-backup.co.uk if interested.

Regards
              David Cunningham

www.truska.com

Comment

Working...
              X