Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

website already designed!

Hi,

I originally designed my website and have now purchased an Actinic Business package to enable online purchasing.

How can I intergrate my site with this package?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

I only can only find template options etc for creating a website which I do not wish to use.

Many Thanks
    Des
    ________
    Mercedes-benz w154 history
    Business Plus V9.0.5
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Is your existing site on-line? If so post the URL and let the group have a look.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

can/can't do?

No, it's not online.
      It is a simple website with only some simple javascript in it and JPEGS.
      Basically, what can I include and what can't I include in my design?

Thanks
      ________
      Chaser
      Business Plus V9.0.5
      Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

Actinic is template based so you should be able to port your desgin accross quite easily.

Act_Primary is the shopping index page.

Comment

Because Actinic allows you to edit the templates, you can port your design over to Actinic fairly easily.

It's just a matter of working out what template does what.

First place to look:

1. select Advanced | Template Manager
          2. if you see pretty pictures or graphical represententation in blue and white - click the "Change View" link to view the HTML sections themselves.
          3. as already mentioned, you need to look first at Act_Primary.html

If your design utilizes CSS, it will be quicker and easier to make Actinic mirror your design.

Firstly, I'd select one of the SIMPLER HTML templates from the design menu - they are easier to modify.

Select one that has the navigation in the same format (graphical or text), and in the same orientation (across the top, under the banner, or down the left hand side), and begin from there - you'll get the hang of it.

Lastly - if you can't work it out - hire an Actinic savvy designer, or professional - someone like us, or one of the other companies in here who have been using the product for a long time (pinbrook, Norman - there are loads). An Actinic pro with a long history of using the software will almost certainly be able to help in a lot quicker time than you can learn the software. Their results will be something you can build from.

I'd persevere if I was you - the rewards are worth it - Actinic offers so many benefits for the cost, it's hard to find a replacement, or alternative that is as helpful at any price - we've been looking for additional tools to offer clients for 5 years - we keep selling Actinic, and our clients keep making money!

regards

Greg @ Web Your Business.
          Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
          Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
          NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

thanks

Thanks for your help lads.
            I think i'm going to create two sites & only offer the ecommerce for customers who wish to purchase online.

I will remove all prices etc from my already deisgned site and most other data and just use it for keywords etc so i can try to optimise this site for the search engines. I dont i know enough about atinic to optimise it at this stage.
            Business Plus V9.0.5
            Windows 7 Home Premium

Comment

To optimize - either hire a pro, or do some leg-work by researching the keywords phrases to search for your products, and name your sections using those phrases - you will get GREAT results that way.
              Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
              Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
              NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Working...
              X