Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discounts on a catalog group

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way you set up a discount on a catalog group rather than a price group, I am wanting to set up a clearance corner and want to offer a discount on just this one section does anyone know of a way of doing this.

Thanks in Advance

Simon

Can't you simply create a product group called 'Discount Corner', and include all the products that are included in the section? Then just apply a discount to that product group.
    www.gbradley.co.uk
    Web Development, Actinic Patches, Scripts & more

Comment

That is the bit i am unsure of doing, how to add a discount to a product group,

I noticed in discounts and surcharges that it is only for certain values that you can add discount to.

Comment

Not sure if this is the best way, but I have a Bargain Bin which is 40% off.
        I created a product group called Bargain Bin and selected 'Section Only' and Bargain Bin, and pressed the < arrow and it copies all the items over, you have to do this again when you add new items to the bargain bin.

then in Discounts and Surcharges, select Cart Contents, and create a new discount, mine is called Bargain Bin 40% off - the name you type here will appear on your shopping cart, select General Tab, Tick Enabled, based on Quantity of 1, Product Group is Bargain Bin and Reward Type is % off, 40.00
        Under Presentation, type a message, I just have 40% off - this will appear under the product that has been discounted.

Comment

I dont have an option just to select a Group in Discounts and surcharges.

Comment

Simon - are you on Catalog ? You need Business or better to get the Product Group discounting features.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for this, is there any with catalog i can do what i mentioned at the start of this thread

Comment

The only way to do this in Catalog would be to actually change the pricing on the items.

You could experiment with doing an export to excel, making the changes in excel and importing the changed file. That is probably the easiest solution.
                Bill
                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Ok Thanks for all your help on this one, if i do find a way i will let you know

Comment

this thread has helped me enormously - thanks to those people posting.

I was just wondering about applying a css class to the 'presentation' text (in the Discounts > Cart Contents panel) - the client would like all the discounted text to be highlighted in red.
                    is there a way to automatically set this?

thanks again,

Comment

Make a new product built from components, set your pricing model to "components" and "no orderline for main" then set that component to your discounted price. You just relate a product and set the quantity so you could even make people buy three to get them at the clearance price...

The original product and price remain unaffected whilst the new product which you'll place in a Special Offers category shall be cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                      X