Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checkbox - Out of stock not showing

Hi

I've altered my product template inorder that products can be selected by a checkbox (order quantity is always 1)

It works fine - but does not display the sold out sign for items that are out of stock - i had this porblem previuosly (see this thread http://community.actinic.com/showthr...light=checkbox) -

I've made the changes suggested - which previously worked - but no longer do

I attach a copy of the file I've changed .

Any help much appreceiated

Nick
    Attached Files

This change affects your Design / Text. Not the Product Template. It would be best if you could post an URL of a problem page and point out the item that should be marked Sold Out.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

so far I've just been looking at the preview pages on my own PC - I'm refreshing the site now - so I'm expecting problems with this page (among others).... http://www.a1memorabilia.co.uk/acata...up_Finals.html -

Cheers

Nick

Comment

I tried an add to cart and got a general script error item removed from catalog. Have a look at this thread http://community.actinic.com/showpos...66&postcount=5 - apparently you might need to purge - contents and re-upload.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks - I've purged all the deleted items etc - so you should be able to use the site - but still not showing the @out of stock' sign - any more clues

Comment

In Business Settings | Options | Stock Monitoring, what do you have set for 'Default Warn if below' and 'Default Suspend orders if below'?

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi - both values are set to 1

Comment

What happens if you uncomment the '%s' in teh work around Norman gave you earlier. I think you problem arises from the value of 1 being coded to show by default and commenting out the '%s' disables Actinic from bringing up the 'Out of stock' warning.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

hi Bruce

I've taken out the " " comment etc - but hasn't made any difference!

thanks anyway - any other ideas?

Nick

Comment

What I meant was to remove the HTML comment out tags that are around the %s in this line ..
                    <!-- %s --><INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME="%s" VALUE="1">

To read

%s<INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME="%s" VALUE="1">

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

hi Bruce

if I do that then the word "quantity" in red appears next to the checkbox - for all items (in stock & out of stock) - but dosen't show the "out of stock" sign......

Comment

Replace the value="1" with value="%d", you can put back the comment tags around the %s

Kind regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

done that - shows as it orginally did - not displaying the out of stock (but now the red "quantity" is removed)........also on adding to basket the following error occurs...

"No products have been added to the shopping cart. Please enter the quantity of each product being ordered before pressing the 'Add to cart' button."

......the saga continues
                          Last edited by nickchad; 30-Jan-2006, 08:49 AM. Reason: update

Comment

'Scuse me butting in, but I did a similar thing for a site a little while ago. I found this for the 'Design | Text' prompt worked well...

Code:
                            <!-- %s -->Click box to select: <input type="checkbox" name="%s" size="4" value="1" dummy="%d">

Comment

Hi

tried that too - comes up with the check box etc - but still dosn't display the sold out message

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X