Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A server error occurred while attempting to merge server files. 500 - Internal Serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A server error occurred while attempting to merge server files. 500 - Internal Serve

Catalog V6.1.2

A server error occurred while attempting to merge server files. 500 - Internal Server Error

I get this everytime I try and update or refresh.

I have the site running perfectly from another PC in another location but I have just installed here and now get this error. My settings in 'Advanced Network Setup' pass all the tests without a hitch.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Marc

Try deleting all *.fil files from your 'Site1' folder and your 'acatalog' folder online and then do the refresh again.

Note to v5 users with similar problems - do not delete ActinicSCCode.fil.

Comment

Just arrived at my clients office and the original PC with the working site now has the same error.

Anyway, I have delete all *.fil and completed a refresh here and this has eliminated the problem.....thanks Chris.

Can I just take a snapshot and import to the other PC with the same problem or do I need to do above there too?

Marc

Comment

You should well be OK with just the snapshot.

Basically, Actinic is now in synch with the website with regards to updating the search index so you should be in good shape from now on.

Comment

Hi,
          I have the same problem - when trying to refresh the actinic site I get
          A server error occurred while attempting to merge server files. 500 - Internal Server Error
          I deleted the .fil files from both locations but it still does not work. The error message on the site is
          Error message:
          Premature end of script headers: ss000001.pl
          I am using version 6.1.1.0.0.0.DDA
          Can you seggest what to do ?
          Thanks.
          Silvia

Comment

me too

I am also having similar problems.

We have ugraded from V.3 to V.6 and have experienced a number of difficulties.

We experience the first error when we try to refresh our site. A notice appears saying that some configuration variables were not found in the html template. Listing a number of Act_.....html files.

Continuing with the refreshing a second error message appears saying files contain spaces (when these files do not contain spaces) and will be unable to be read by certain browsers.

We continue with the process until a final error message appears saying that there is a server error while attempting to merge files. 500- Internal Server Error.

Furthermore, our categories have been duplicated in the website even though the site map doesn't reflect this.

Any immediate help would be greatly appreciated.

Suz

Comment

Suz

I suggest you follow the steps here to try and resolve the error 500 error.

With regards to the template issues, I suggest you back up all your navigation images listed in 'Design | Options | Navigation' to a safe place and then re-apply the 'Business' theme in 'Design | Themes'. You can then copy all your navigation icons back in and your store should loko as it did before. You may find some of the new themes are even nicer than the v3 ones.

With regards to the duplicating categories, go to 'Design | Options | Sections' and untick all the boxes under 'Location and Arrangement of Top Level Section List'.

That should get you further down the line.

Comment

Working...
              X