Error restoring from snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error restoring from snapshot

I am getting this error when trying to restore from a snapshot.

Snapshot export is executed without error. File in question seems OK. No other programmes running. Re-boot doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema

FATAL ERRORS
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 284) - Archive error 13 - Extract selected files call failed
    Library error - Error creating file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\PWS5001.jpg ! has been caught.

Normally means the file is already open at the time of export and usually happens with the mdb file rather than an image. Close Actinic, reopen, do the infamous compact databases (it still solves a huge quantity of seemingly unrelated problems) - this will close Actinic yet again. Re-open and try the snapshot export again.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Snapshot

Thanks for that - but didn't make any difference - still stuck with same error.

Russell

Comment

If you make a copy of the acd snapshot file and rename it to say tryitout.zip you can open it with winzip and try to extract that one file. If it will not extract, delete it in winzip and resave the file as tryitout.acd - try importing that file.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Have you tried to compact the database and shipping before you do an import. I had the same trouble, someone told me about it, and it works.
          Jon Harvey
          Technical Director
          Wight Computers Ltd
          Hardware - Software - Printer Inks - CD & DVD Media - Memory Cards - Cases & Storage - Cables - Card Readers
          www.wightcomputers.co.uk

Comment

What is file PWS501.jpg is it an image file that you have deleted from the site 1 folder but still have in the mentioned in the actinic site, or is it an image that actinic cannot find etc

I have rearanged or copied files from one site to another before and have forgoton to re update the image locations, this may be whats happened to you
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks for suggestions - file still "caught"

None of these suggestions have fixed the problem, but thanks.

The file PWS5001.jpg exists in the site1 folder and seems fine, and the site is still working fine, I can update, upload, and snapshot exports appear to work fine. Problem only occurs trying to import.

Russell

Originally posted by chris ashdown
              What is file PWS501.jpg is it an image file that you have deleted from the site 1 folder but still have in the mentioned in the actinic site, or is it an image that actinic cannot find etc

I have rearanged or copied files from one site to another before and have forgoton to re update the image locations, this may be whats happened to you

Comment

Is the image file outside of the normal products. i.e. do you need to have it in Advanced:Additional files
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Still caught

Originally posted by chris ashdown
                  Is the image file outside of the normal products. i.e. do you need to have it in Advanced:Additional files
                  Hi - normal image item same as every other on on the site. Deleted the item in question, and the problem moves to another image file!!

FATAL ERRORS
                  (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 284) - Archive error 13 - Extract selected files call failed
                  Library error - Error creating file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\PDC2005.jpg ! has been caught.

Comment

Hi,

Where do you have the images stored? are they in teh Site1 folder or in a sub-folder within the site1 or some other place on your PC? This looks like the image you are trying to bring in with the snapshot is the problem as the image cannot be created in the Site1 folder.

What happens if you rename the file and change its extension to .gif for example, please make a backup of the file before doing this.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

The file are all in the site folder, and this used to work fine. For no real reason that I can see it has developed this fault.

THanks anyway,

Russell

Originally posted by Bruce
                      Hi,

Where do you have the images stored? are they in teh Site1 folder or in a sub-folder within the site1 or some other place on your PC? This looks like the image you are trying to bring in with the snapshot is the problem as the image cannot be created in the Site1 folder.

What happens if you rename the file and change its extension to .gif for example, please make a backup of the file before doing this.

Kind regards,

Comment

Working...
                      X