2 shipping options - how to select default optoin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 shipping options - how to select default optoin

I want to set up my shipping so that the customer can choose first class or parcelforce. 99% of the time they will ship first class, but we sell a very few heavy products which are better shipped parcel force - parcel force is slower though, so some customers will choose to pay the higher shipping and send it first class regardless, whilst others prefer the slower cheaper option.

I've tried adding the parcelforce rates into my shipping table, but it is now defaulting to parcelforce and charging everyone £14.00 shipping - the customer can override it to first class, but I'd prefer it defaulted to first class with the customer overriding to parcel force if needed, cause £14 for a couple of sheets of paper is going to scare a lot of people!

I have first class listed 1st in my zone setup, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Any thoughts?

Bev,

I would suggest downloading the Advanced Users Guide from here. Look on page 64 for the topic 'Changing the Order of the Shipping Methods'.

Below are the contents of the topic:

The script ActinicShipping.pl (in the 'ShipControl' subfolder within your site folder) determines the sequence of the shipping classes shown in the checkout. The script supports 4 sorting sequences, by cost (ascending or descending) and by description (ascending or descending). The default is to sort by cost ascending.
    To change the sequence:
    1. Locate the file 'ActinicShipping.pl' in the ShipControl folder below the site folder.
    2. Open the file in Notepad.
    3. Search for ‘CUSTOMISE: Sort’
    4. Here you will find the four options, the last three are commented out with a ‘#’ at the start of the line’
    5. Insert a ‘#’ at the start of the line of the currently enabled sort option and remove the ‘#’ from the start of the line of the sort option that you wish to enable.
    6. Save and Exit
    7. Update the site.

Important: If you enable either the ascending or descending alphabetical sort then you will need to replace ‘<=>’ with ‘cmp’. Actinic is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X