Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i add new pages ?

hi,
    i want to beable to add extra pages to my website. e.g if you click on a pair of boxing gloves, i then want an info page to give more details on that product before you go to the catalogue........is this possible?

also i have been adding extra pages by creating a new brochure page then a Fragment page, but i'm starting to get errors on page doing it this way..., i take it there is a better way?
    for example go to ............... and scroll to the bottom.., all the info about boxing have been created this way...., is there a better way?

also site comments would be appreciated .

thanks.
    Last edited by super cat; 08-Jan-2006, 09:27 PM. Reason: url shows up on search engines.

It looks like you only have a homepage (brochure page). I coudn't find any other extra brochure pages. You can add additional Brochure pages to contain some of the information that's currently on your homepage. I think you've just been adding fragments to one page.

Also - just a note, your cart and checkout pages are not formatted the same as the rest of your site.

Duncan R

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
      It looks like you only have a homepage (brochure page). I coudn't find any other extra brochure pages.

Duncan R
      yes that's right, i was told to delete them when i first set up.

i'll have a go at the cart and checkout page...
      thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by super cat
        hi,
        i want to beable to add extra pages to my website. e.g if you click on a pair of boxing gloves, i then want an info page to give more details on that product before you go to the catalogue........is this possible?

thanks.
        i'd probably approach this the other way around. Create your products, use the inbuilt feature to create extended info (ie pop up) then create a link to the pop up from the brochure page

Comment

Pinbrook..,

thanks for that.... i'll have a go later

i didn't know about extended info ......

this actinic aint easy.....,but it's sinking in slowy though.

Comment

The answer to your original question is

Right click on the top page in the Actinic tree on the left and select add new brochure page,

OR

Right click on any of the catalog pages to add either a section page, or a sub section page.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

got it to work, but needs more attention. info page is a little too big.

i started to list the links near the bottom of the page under title Boxing gloves

but now the webpage looks too long........., would this put anybody off the site?

thanks.

Comment

It might not put people off - but I think they're very unlikely to bother to read it. Maybe you should split this up into more pages, with just some snippets on your front page.

Duncan R

Comment

hi,

tried to format the cart and checkout pages....
                  But company logo is missing on checkout page but o.k on cart page...

any ideas?

thanks

Comment

I see the Company Logo top left in cart and checkout. May be a browser cache issue.
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                      I see the Company Logo top left in cart and checkout. May be a browser cache issue.

i've just checked...

everything is O.K now ......, still needs some work though.

thanks all

Comment

Working...
                      X