Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im trying to delete a payment

a customer canceled (damn), i canceled items, recalced shipping, ok'd,
    but it wont let me delete or alter payment, i use paypal.
    it says i can purge the deleted order which in this case would probably be ok, but if a customer has 2 items and cancels 1 im going to be stuck with an exesive payment...

actinic is not geared up to do the refund from within progress and payments is it..? that would be too good, but too late on this ocasion if it is..
    Gary Simpson
    www.tba
    Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Originally posted by gary in jersey
    a customer canceled (damn), i canceled items, recalced shipping, ok'd,
    but it wont let me delete or alter payment, i use paypal.
    it says i can purge the deleted order which in this case would probably be ok, but if a customer has 2 items and cancels 1 im going to be stuck with an exesive payment...

actinic is not geared up to do the refund from within progress and payments is it..? that would be too good, but too late on this ocasion if it is..
    Are you trying to actually delete it or refund it?
    I assume you're actually issuing the customer with a refund so you need to click on "new payment" and Actinic *should* automatically generate a refund transaction for the amount you are refunding in Paypal.
    So your payment details for that cancelled order show a payment and a refund which is, in fact, what you have in Paypal.
    Does that make sense?
    Tracey

Comment

thats exactly

how i had hoped,
      but can i just clarify, when you do this opperation in actinic is the refund acctually generated throug paypal on next upload/download, or is this just to get my books straight so to speak,and i have to go to paypal site to issue refund....?
      Gary Simpson
      www.tba
      Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Comment

Actinic doesn't do the payment/refund at all... customer makes the payment... you have to do the refund through the Paypal website. Just click on the customers payment in the list of transactions and select "refund"
        You need to do the refund in Paypal AND add the refund transaction into Actinic to square everything up.
        HTH
        Tracey
        Tracey

Comment

Working...
        X