html in email templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

html in email templates

Is their any way that you can incorporate html into the email templates.

I tried placing some sample html into one of the templates, but when I view to generated page it just shows the html as written text.

thanks

david
    David Mawson
    Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

don't think you can, all emails are plain text

Comment

thought that was the case

shame though, html emails allow you much my impact when communication with your customers.

You never know hopefully this will be an option in version 8

cheers anyway

david
      David Mawson
      Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

Comment

You can send HMTL emails t customers using this plugin

http://www.actinicplugins.co.uk/acat...r_Actinic.html

It can be used to send out emails to customers or 3rd parties. You send emails in batches rather than one at a time, which is a big time saver. You can create up to 40 templates and emails can be sent as plain or html text, Invoices, packing lists can be attached as PDF, RTF or XML to the email. Additional files can also be attached (e.g. T&Cs). You can choose to have attachments zipped up, Emails can be previewed and/or edited before sending.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan - what do you think about Outlook 2003 barring images in HTML emails be default? Do you think that most people will choose to receive them (if they know how...). What happens to the HTML emails produced by the plug-in if the receiving email client doesn't accept HTML? Mark H.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Ideally I think you should give subscribers the option of html or text, but rich content is much more beneficial due to it's visual impact.
            Although Outllook blocks images by default it does also say very clearly how to view them. If you give sizes to all images then the formatting of the html email when viewed in outlook as blocked will still look good and the text will remain readable. I also think it's always better to link to images than sending an attachment.

Duncan R

Comment

Hi Jan

i already use the stock control mole, does this integrate into the same programme?

Thanks

Mick

Comment

Hmm an answer I put here yesterday didn't seem to make it ..

Mark H.

Outlook 2003 only barred the images, so the messages will still arrive but any images will not show. The key is to design your email so that your message will still get across without the images. The article below is quite informative.

http://www.lyris.com/resources/artic...tml_email.html

Mick.

You cannnot get this functionality as part of One Stop Automation, but you can use One Stop Order Processing in addition, (and if you do you can have a 50% discount because you alreay have One Stop Automation). Thre is a free trial, so you can take a look at it if you like, use the URL further up this email to get it.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

Can you give me a link pls

Can't seem to find it

Thanks

Mick

Comment

You can find more details and a free trial for One Stop Order Processing at this URL :

Regards,

Comment

Sorry Jan, its obviously me

Link is dead, but I alreay use the stock mole-will the trial version work ok?

Thanks

Mick

Comment

Sorry Mick,

try this one

The stock control mole will not send emails to customers unfortunately.

Regards,

Comment

Got it now

I wrongly thought it was part of one stop hence the question of would the trial work.

Thanks

Mick

Comment

Working...
                          X