Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text at bottom of each page

Hi

I wonder if anybody can help. I have text at the bottom of each page explaining 'if you cant see what you would like please contact us on.....etc', unfortunately the search engines are picking this up opposed to my meta descriptions, can anybody help so that this can be changed i.e. the descriptive text within the meta descriptions/tags are cached opposed to the blurb mentioned?

Example of this is http://www.warmrooms.co.uk/acatalog/ scroll down to the bottom to see what i mean.

Look forward to hearing from you

Brian
    Warmrooms
    www.warmrooms.co.uk

Hi Brian

I can't help with your query but i did notice in that paragraph, you haven't linked the email address so someone can click it. May make it more likely to be contacted.

Cheers

Lee

Comment

Brian,

Can you be a bit more specific as to how search engines are picking up this blurb instead of the Meta tags. On viewing the source of the page the Meta keywords and description are very much there right at the top of the page. Most search engines will use the Site Map to drill into a site and you have the site map there so I really dont know what exactly you mean.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

reply to bruce

Hi Bruce

My main sections such as 'Heated Towel Rails' are fine, although the sub sections within there are where all of the 'blurb' is being picked up from.
        e.g. goto yahoo.com, type in site:www.warmrooms.co.uk, within the first page you will see what i mean, go to the second page and practically all of them are like that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Brian
        www.warmrooms.co.uk
        01452 304460

Comment

I can see what you mean, but honestly have no idea why the first three links display your Keywords correctly but the others pick up the hard coded message at the bottom of the page.

Can anyone else who has more know how about this please post here and tell us why this is happening.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X