Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I get the code to do this?

http://primaryteaching.co.uk/acatalo..._Stickers.html

I would like to have the used definable fields exactly as they are for these products, ie to enter info.

Anyone know?

Folk

If you only need one field then just use Actinic's built-in Other Info.

If you need more than one you'll need my Multi-Other-Info patch that's on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff

That educational site is using it (and my Products in Columns patch).
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hey Norman,

Sorry to be a pain, I'm trying the "V6-MultipleOtherInfoPrompts.txt" patch on version Version 7.0.5 od Catalog. I modified the the appropriate scripts as instructed but now whenever i run a cart script of any kind I get an Internal server error.

Any obvious place where I might of made a mistake? I did the code 2 times to make sure.

Folk

Comment

You've mispatched one of the Perl scripts. Probably ActinicOrder.pm.

You can put that script back to being its original and see if the error disappears.

If so you have to try re-doing the patch again (without repeating the same mistake).

Comment

I put them all pack to their orginal state and it works fine. I cant see however where the mistake could be

Nothing conflicting in Actinics latest patch?

Folk

Comment

It should work with all V7.

If you replace your patched scripts one at a time and test after each one, you can see where things go wrong.

Comment

Hi Norman,

You were right, I uploaded OrderScript.pl and actiniccore.js and there was no error when running any of the cart scripts. SO it looks like the error is in ActinicOrder.pm as this caused the error when the modified version was uploaded.

The interesting thing is that when I uploaded the modified OrderScript.pl and actiniccore.js on their own the extra product info seems to work, i.e. if you add info into the fields and go straight to checkout all is fine. Its only if you try to 'View Cart' a problem arrises in that the added info seems to disappear and you get caught with some sort of missing info error.

Anyway, I know its a bit of an ask but is there anyway you can take a quick peek at my modified ActinicOrder.pm file. I'm hoping that you might point out the error that is causing the Internal Server Error. Can I email it to you as it is to large a file to post on here?

Thanks...

Comment

I'm happy to help people who've donated.

Comment

Yes..... fair is fair i guess... please let me know what a donation should constitute.

Folk

Comment

Best contact me by e-mail as you'll need that to send the file.

Comment

Also Norman, with the 'extra info' code, I see its possible to alter the colour etc of the text in the box, but what about the description text. NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPTseems uneffected by attaching a class to to it, ie it seems to ignore it.

Folk

Comment

If you really need to do this you can edit the JavaScript that you add to actiniccore.js. Look for the line
                        Code:
                        document.write(spacer1 + '<font color="#000000">' + itemname + '</font>');
                        and amend the <font...> tag as you need.

It would be much better to leave any such customisation until you're sure everythings working properly as it's a nightmare for me if I've to debug code that someone else has tinkered with.

Comment

Many thanks Norman... now works a treat... i'd love to know what i did wrong though for future ref.

Folk

Comment

Hi, Folk

Two of the ActinicOrder.pm routines that need replacing contain some commented out demo code at the bottom. This code is introduced with a big comment block and sometimes people mistake that for the beginning of the next routine. In fact there's a couple of lines below that commented out stuff that have to replaced too.

I recall having to change the description of how to do the patch to help people find this, but Perl is real scary and confusing stuff if you don't know it - indeed it sometimes looks like a jumble of those magnetic letters that get stuck on fridge doors after the kids have had a good play.

Comment

Thanks anyhow....

Comment

Working...
                              X