Quantity Discounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantity Discounts

I have several hundred products that have quantity discounts for varying amounts orderred.

How do i set up quantity discounts?

I am using the trial version of the business edition with sage line 50.

Sorry about the bump but I don't think I explained it properly:

I have several products that the price goes down the more you order.

Product A would cost 84p each for example, but if you order 50 they go down to 67p each, for 250 its just 44p each.

I'm using sage line 50 along with actinic7 business (trial).

Can anyone advise me?

Comment

There is an easier way since you are on the Business Version. Click on the product and then click on the 'Prices' tab and using the '+' you can create a new price and enter a minimum quantity. Say for example the main Product is priced at £60.00... under the prices tab add a new line with a price of £30.00 and set the minimum to 5 - thereby when people order 1 to 4 they are charged £60.00 and 5 or more they are charged £30.00.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

thanks Bruce for your reply.

As I am using Sage and I have litterally hundreds of products, is there not a way to have actinic import the quantity discounts automatically?

One of the products in question is:

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/tri...x_and_Lid.html

here is a screenshot of the actinic data i can see. im guessing there is something wrong either in actinic or sage as it looks odd.

Sorry, it is a .bmp file (about 300kb, on a very old pc here, appologies).

http://www.bagnboxman.co.uk/ss.bmp

Comment

You can transfer your quantity discounts from Sage line 50 to Actinic, if you have a copy of the setup guide, look on page 14 for instructions on how to transfer discounts from Sage to Actinic.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Most products are in cases of 12 can I set this globally then set the indivual items as and when. Note that the discount must be for a case of that 1 item not a mix which is all I could do before. Iam really trying hard not to re do 4,000 products!!!!!
            Many Thanks
            John Clarke

Comment

Why dont you add that to the product description, say " Comes in cases of 12 peices" so you will not have to make any other changes, you will have to price the product @ your price for 12 bottles so when some adds a product they are aware they are ordering a case.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                You can transfer your quantity discounts from Sage line 50 to Actinic, if you have a copy of the setup guide, look on page 14 for instructions on how to transfer discounts from Sage to Actinic.

Kind regards,
                I have page 14 open in front of me now, I've been away for a while and I'm completely confused.

Do I need to create a completely fresh profile and start again as page 14 seems to describe it in the process of starting it for the first time.

I'm completley confused, all I want to do is have Sage and actinic working so that when we make any price/ description changes it updates the online shop.

I have not even yet managed to get to the stage where I can test it as the instructions are far from straightforward..

Comment

Hi there,

Page 14 of 'Getting Started with Actinic Link' deals with The Discount tab and how the discount structures are accurately transferred into Actinic.

You could also browse to 'Start | Programs | Actinic Link for Sage Line 50 | Actinic Link for Sage Help' file. Go to the Content tab and expand 'From Sage Line 50 into Actinic', and in the Discounts tab, view the properties of the check box 'Do you want to export Special Customer Prices to Actinic?'
                  Cheers,
                  Suresh Babu G

Comment

Trying to generate quantity discounts for all products if 12 or more are purchased but having difficutly mapping the hierarchical import.

Looking at an exported version where the info is imputted manually I can see the following fields in use

Header:Price
                    Customer Group
                    Price
                    Generated
                    Can be Ordered
                    Product Visible
                    Minimum
                    IsDeleted

On the mapping there does not seem anywhere obvious to load these values against for the quantity discounts - price appears to be the main product price and not the quantity price!

Any pointers to what I am blatantly doing wrong most appreciated.

PS I do not have/use Sage or Link

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

have started manual input... somebody save me please ........??

Bikster

Comment

Hi Jont,

Checking this for you.

Regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi

I exported a file with the Quantity-based discounts in. The key field which determines the discount cut-off is Minimum (as per Help).
                          The row looks like this :
                          Header:Price Customer Group Price Generated Can be Ordered Product Visible Minimum Customer Message IsDeleted
                          The product rows look like this :

Product 5 Calculator This calculator 851 1 0
                          Price Retail 700 0 1 1 2 0
                          Price Retail 650 0 1 1 4 0
                          Price Retail 570 0 1 1 6 0
                          Hope this helps,
                          Bruce King
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Aha - thanks Bruce .... I was being blinded with a load of customvars in the mix so did not have the leading line set up correctly.

Thanks - much appreciated

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                            X