Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMTP server not valid (host=claranet.fr)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMTP server not valid (host=claranet.fr)

Hi,

I have a problem with my SMTP Server in "Advanced Network Setup"...

I tried "relay.clara.net", "relay.fr.clara.net", "smtp.clara.net", "smtp.fr.clara.net", "smtp.ictl.com", but I have the following message each time :

The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server.
    Note : 1 - I don't have any firewall program ; 2 - it was working with my former host webchrono.net (smtp server: mail.ictl.com).

Any Help Welcome!
    Mathieu Perino
    ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Have you tried localhost

i.e....

localhost

and nothing else in the smtp server details or in the username and password bit?

Works for quite a few and might work ok for you if you try it and then update the site...

Comment

is it normal that I still have the same error message when I make a test?

thanks
      Mathieu Perino
      ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

You should not get any errors in the ideal world, so if you changed it to localhost, did you then update the site to see if it took effect?

If it still does not work, then sorry

Comment

It still doesn't seem to work (I don't receive any confirmation mail when I place an order...)

Here is a screen grab of my current Network Setup

If you find something wrong....

thanks a lot
          Mathieu Perino
          ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

If mail is simply not working, but your uploads and downloads are working, then the network settings will be fine except for some reason with your mail setup, so best you speak with your host on how to overcome it I am afraid..

Sorry.

Comment

ok, I'll contact my host.
              Thanks anyway for your concern.
              Mathieu Perino
              ICTL - Liaisons Optiques

Comment

I have just had the very same problem - my host helped me to sort it out, my username was incorrect so it was a basic log on problem. The host probably needs full access details for SMPT service requests from a different server.
                Hope this helps.
                http://www.bowstock.co.uk

Comment

Same problem

I recently upgrade the machine on which Actinic was/is installed and as part of the process did a complete clean installation if Windows XP. By way of backing up I copied the Site1 folder in it's entirety to another drive then copied it back after reinstalling Actinic. Since then I have had the dreaded SMTP problems;

"The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server."

This is the error I get during a test of the network settings. The program will no longer send emails. I have performed a complete refresh of the site which initially had problems with the connection to the server being reset, but today I did a refresh which went fine.
                  I am hosted by 1 and 1 and their smtp server address is auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk with my username and password (checked a dozen times). I have also tried smtp.1and1.co.uk, smtp.oneandone.co.uk, localhost but none make a difference. I haven't contacted 1and1 about this yet as I am pretty certain it's an Actinic problem (or at least a problem at my end).
                  Any ideas?
                  http://www.phoenix-pcs.co.uk

Comment

I use auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk without the authentication and have no problems.
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I also use the same mail setup as Bill.

Mike
                      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Slight error in my original post; I hadn't tried auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk and when I did it worked! Thanks for your time.
                        http://www.phoenix-pcs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X