Site Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Map

Does the site map generated by Actinic only include catalog pages or is there a way for it to show brochure pages also?

It only includes the sections contained within the Catalog and not the brochure pages.

Comment

Good idea though.... maybe someone can help remmo as to how to add them manually?
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

If anyone is able to tell me how to include brochure pages in the site map that would really be appreciated.

Comment

I've hard coded my brochure page links at the bottom of the catalog section navigation on the lefthand pane of every page - so I don't bother to include them in the Actinic SiteMap.

Duncan R

Comment

That is one idea I was also thinking of Duncan. But wouldn't people become confused if they see a link called "Site Map" but then the Map misses a substantial part of the whole site? How did you get around this issue?

Comment

I think very few people bother to look at sitemaps - unless if they really can't find something and bother to persevere to find it before leaving. It mainly creates an easy way for robots to find the rest of your site - just what the sidepanel nav links would do for the broichure pages.

Duncan R

Comment

Thanks Duncan,

So what your saying is that it is more for the robots to see into the actual business end of the site. Is there a way of changing the wording from Site Map to say "Catalogue Site Map" and where would you do that - sorry not being too creative at the moment it's getting very late in my part of the world

Comment

Maybe - but don't know where - sorry.

Comment

I use a catalog section for 'brochure' pages and no Actinic Brochure pages as such. This gets everything on the site map.

I have an empty index.html on the root and a permanent redirect to the catalog index in place.
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                    X